Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recaro Leather Heated Seat Not Working.

nazsky786

Hello,

I need some help with heated seats. I put the recaro leather seats in which are heated and put the switchs in and the switches turn on and red when u turn dim on but seats don't heat?.

Is there a fuse or a relay that ford haven't put in that I have to put in for it to work?

Regards

Sent from my HTC

• 2 weeks later...

ok, i think i found out how to install the reacro leather seats.

You need the heated seats, the switches, the switch panel and a 2007 fuse box.

The heated seats for me are the Recaro leathers install them as you would normally, and reattach the seat loom to the seat. (remeber to disconnect the battery and wait about 10 mins and that remove and install your new seats)

Once you have done that buy the switch panel which has spaces for the heated seat switches. I got it from a st-3 carbon effect.

Install the panel with the switches, the wires to the switches are behind the panel, easy to find. They are black with red clip. ( Do not connect the cables which are one solid colour to the switches like blue and grey, they are forairbag and esp. )

Once you have the seats in and the switches plug in and in place. with the car still disconnected from the battery. You have to reinstall the new fuse box.

The fuse box has to have a fuse 86 . If there is no fuse at 86 then you need to replace your fuse box like me.

If you do have a fuse 86 20amp fuse then easy your seats should be working. If you have pins there but no fuse just put a 20 amp fuse in.

But for me it was harder. I had to remove glove box, to get better access to the old fuse box.

Once you swap over the fuse box for one which has fuse 86.

And remeber if you do change the fuse box the whole layout changes as a service bullet for from called 43 2009.

After all this the heated seats worked.

regards

how did you get on with this?

Fuse 86 i dont have my heated seats is fuse 121

Got my heated seats working. Feel great good in this weather. Remote start car the seats are warm and the car so all I have to do is get in and go. Only had one problem that was centrol locking stopped working reset the module and worked. Fuse box easy switch over. And for my car it's fuse 86. But if u have newer model you fuse box start in the 100, so u need your book. Put the fuse in and should work unless u have to change fuse box.

And is an Rs a good car. And do these recaro leathers fit in a Rs or would I have to stick with the bucket seats?

Regards

And is an Rs a good car. And do these recaro leathers fit in a Rs or would I have to stick with the bucket seats?

Regards

i have the heat elements from a focus ST iam going to get them fitted into the RS bucket seats

post-41587-0-10559700-1363210820_thumb.j post-41587-0-42995100-1363210822_thumb.j

Do you have a pic of the bucket seat connectors/module?. What's actually the problem. Have you tryed it without placing it inside the seat?

• 1 year later...

Hello, I've put some heated, electric and airbag seats in my focus mk2. Everything works apart from the heated seats, the switches light up on the dash. The fuse is 121 but there is no fuse or wiring under the fuse but the rest of the wiring is there? Can I put two connections in the fuse box as I can see something on the board underneath the fuse board but just no connections up or do I have to purchase the fuse box with the heated seats at 80 something? Cheers chris

You would need to change the fuse box or you may be able to solder it on but I'm not sure it would be capable . I just changed the complete fuse box.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Ford OC mobile app

Was it fairly simple and a straight forward swap??

Yeah. All you need to do is disconnect battery. Remove glove box, and aux connection. Then pull down the fuse box and oust up and forward. Once you see the 2 nuts undo them and put it out the way . Then just disconnect all the cables. And attach to the new one. You need to also save you setting using elm config as your central locking might turn off.

Do you know what/how many wires go into the fuse box for the heated seats And even the colours so I can put an inline fuse in! Cheers Chris

when i installed the recaro heated seats in mine,i found there was 3 wires missing.2 from the heated seat switches and a main live wire.i added these and all works well

I have all the wires and I've followed them back to the fuse box but there is no connectors or fuse in 121. Is there 4 wires going to each switch?

I have all the wires and I've followed them back to the fuse box but there is no connectors or fuse in 121. Is there 4 wires going to each switch?

i think so.one wire from each switch goes to the passenger footwell then to the seat connector then the fuse side from fuse box goes to each seat connector

Yeah I need to know what wires to fuse and give a live to as it goes into the fuse box which I cannot open so I'm gonna have to put an inline fuse when I find out what colours I need to cut! A wiring diagram would be very helpful right now!

Yeah I need to know what wires to fuse and give a live to as it goes into the fuse box which I cannot open so I'm gonna have to put an inline fuse when I find out what colours I need to cut! A wiring diagram would be very helpful right now!

i found i didnt have the wire from the fuse box from the fuse so just added one.have you checked for wires in passenger footwell ?

A simple way to check if you have the wiring is to get to the rectangular black connector that goes to the seat. Just see that there are wires going to the corresponding area. If not then you have to do some wiring. And for the switches there should be 2 connector at the rear of the panel that sits the window DeMint switches. I'm my case I had no fuse at the heated seat fuse location and couldn't put on in as no connectors so I just replaced the complete fuse box. However you might want to try just soldering the connection on the fuse box by taking it apart. But that's something that you must judge with the range of skills you have.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club