Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knocking / Rattling Sound Under Dash

LeBretom

Good evening,

I have recently been experiencing a slight rattling or knocking sound coming from under the dash of my Ford Focus Zetec S 2010.

The rattle only starts when the car is travelling at a speed of 40MPH or more. It sounds like it is between the centre and the left hand side of the dash.

I have had the centre console and glove box out but I cannot see anything loose that can be causing the rattle. I have driven the car with the centre console and the glove box removed and the rattle is still present.

It seems to me the problem persists just under the dash online with the air vents. (It could possibly be the air vent.) Or somewhere that I am not able to get to without more knowledge.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Does anyone have a clue as to what this could be?

Many thanks in advance for an help!

LeBretom

could be a wiring loom that's come loose, and the vibration rattles a connector on the dash?...

other than that, it wouldn't be the first time that we have known of Ford leaving a tool in the dashboard during building :P

how loud does it sound?

• 2 weeks later...

Its loud enough for me to hear it now and again when driving with music on. It sounds to me like it is something to do with the air vents. I've had the centre console and the glove box out while driving and everything seems to be spot on inside. Nothing is loose or vibrating.

I'm considering taking it into ford for them to have a look. They may know of a common problem or be able to advise me.. I'm running out of options and I need to get it sorted. It's driving me nuts.

best off getting it back, as its a 2010 it will still have some warranty, or only just be out, so they may honour the warranty as a gesture of good will...