Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Model Airbrush Kit - Scratch Repair?

jeebowhite

I just had a whacky thought and wonder if it would ever work? - Home chip and scratch repair with a model airbrush kit? You can buy the kits on eBay very cheap... like £15 or less for some kits... I wonder if you got a kit like this and somehow obtained the right airbrush paint for your car, if you could respray small damage yourself?

Has anyone done this on a budget?

an example kit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Airbrush-Kit-w-Air-Can-Brush-Paint-Sprayer-Kit-Model-Cars-Painting-Hobby-/261046210324#vi-content

I can't see why it wouldn't work, provided you prepare the area properly to give it a good key.

It shouldn't be any different to what the professionals use.

The only thing is don't they bake it on normally?

not sure, to be honest I would probably use a ford aerosol kit for small touch ups and scar coverings... I just thought it might be a way to get a better finish...

The kits look fine and should work , it's all about the prep and the right paint i guess

I used one to paint a pair of headlights and bumper - worked fine. Did a set of brows on the headlights and a chip repair on the bumper for a mate.

how did you get the right paint then Dave?

I had a paint shop near my dad's work mix it up with all the correct bits and just plonked it in the jar :P

If it's of interest, Aldi are getting some professional spraying kits in for £20.

that sounds alright, but you need a compressor I think

You do really, the air spray cans are only decent for the little model one's (although again a compressor is better).

yeah, to be honest I think for small scratches, a tin of spraint should suffice as it seems getting hold of the right paint online ready to pour and use seems impossible :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club