Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camshaft Sprocket For A 1.4

DF10

I stupidly, when putting my engine mounts back on today, trapped the inlet cam sprocket which had no bolt in, and chipped a tooth.

My scrappy has no 1.4's, but a couple of 1.6's and 1.8's. would the sprocket be the same size?

Also, could anybody suggest a way to remove the bolt below (alternator/engine mount stud) as the star head broke of when loosening, i think is cross threaded, and have tried locking 2 nuts together (as seen in picture) and then anyi/clockwise turning the furthest to try to turn the bolt, had a few revolutions in over an hour of trying but now the thread is no more. Was thinking about hacksawing it off so I can slide the mount off for now, and then using a stud extractor? Is this doable? Thanks for any help with either.

post-41337-0-38447300-1362687516_thumb.j

they use the same water pump and cambelt kit as the 1.6 so yes a 1.6 will fit

Update: in regards to the latter, stuck engine mount stud. In case anyone else ever runs into this problem.

Spoke to a ford technician who gave me some tips. Gave it a good crack head on with a hammer to break up any oxidation, then screwed on 2 15mm washer nuts on top of the nut I had already on there. Tightened the washer nuts in to each other,

Then attached a pair of mile grips behind the thread as hard as possible, and turned the middle but anti-clockwise alongside the mole grips. Took a little while an had to reset the miles each time but it came out.

post-41337-0-63341700-1362750165_thumb.j post-41337-0-84189500-1362750219_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club