Do Not Sell My Personal Information

52 plate Mondeo boot opens while driving

johns dad

Recently, the boot opening button on the dashboard stopped opening the boot, but all was well as I could use the remote and also the key. Now the boot opens when it feels like it, normally when the ignition is turned on, but more alarmingly, whilst driving as well.

I have replaced the battery in the keyfob, checked the wiring at the dashboard end and at the boot lock end, all appears ok (no sign of damp or charring). The switch on the dashboard activates (shorts across the contacts) but cannot measure a voltage at the lock end..... should there be?

any help with wiring diagram or tech assistance appreciated.

Ta

Recently, the boot opening button on the dashboard stopped opening the boot, but all was well as I could use the remote and also the key. Now the boot opens when it feels like it, normally when the ignition is turned on, but more alarmingly, whilst driving as well.

I have replaced the battery in the keyfob, checked the wiring at the dashboard end and at the boot lock end, all appears ok (no sign of damp or charring). The switch on the dashboard activates (shorts across the contacts) but cannot measure a voltage at the lock end..... should there be?

any help with wiring diagram or tech assistance appreciated.

Ta

Hi, I had the exact same problem with my estate version. Ford recognise the problem on the focus but not the mondeo yet. Bit the bullet and bought the new switch from the dealer for about £30. Perfect ever since. It all operates off a tiny microswitch under the rubber you push to open the boot.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I had the exact same problem with my estate version. Ford recognise the problem on the focus but not the mondeo yet. Bit the bullet and bought the new switch from the dealer for about £30. Perfect ever since. It all operates off a tiny microswitch under the rubber you push to open the boot.

Hope this helps!

Exactly as you said. Disconected the connector coming from the external switch and boot no longer opens when it feels like it!

Also got functionality back on the cabin switch too, billy bonus.

cheers

paul

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club