Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Leak Out Of Oil Filter

sbt

Hello. On my 2004 mondeo 2.0 tdci oil leak out of oil filter. No mater how much i try i can not make it stop leaking. Im replaceing oil and oil filter with rubber gasket every 15.000 km but cant stop the leaking. There is no crack or damage. Please help me what to do

Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Sometimes the power steering pump leaks and it the fluid drops down to make it seem like an oil leak, keep checking all the fluid levels to make sure its the engine oil

Clean around the area around the leak - that can help you see exactly where its coming from

No its leaking from the oil filter. Have cleaned and wach and its 100% from oil filter

what about getting a new oil filter bottom from local scrappy.maybe someone before you has stripped the thread really badly.but id have thought it shouldnt be leaking that badly as long as its done right up properly etc

as Angus said, could be a knackered thread, possibly on the sump plug... Otherwise could be a corroded filter housing?

The sump plug is a fair distance from the oil filter housing, so it wont be that.

The reason i said check all the levels is because the power steering pump sits above the oil filter, and it it leaks (from a union or the seals etc) the fluid/ oil can drop onto the filter so it can look like its the oil filter leaking (the green fluid/oil looks a lot like engine oil when it drops on tarmac)

If that was already checked then clean the area to pinpoint the exact place the oil is coming from,

If you could post up some pictures on the forum, that would help

Thanks for all answers. I will try and buy new filter housing

• 3 years later...

Hi i have the same issue did replacing the housing work? Thank you 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club