Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recommend Coilovers/springs?

Bekkax

Hi all,

I have a 2005 Streetka ICE edition, looking to go lower but finding it all very pricey! Can anyone recommend any coilovers or lowering springs that they've used/saw anywhere?

I was quoted just over £450 for coilovers a week or two ago which is ridiculous money, is there any other springs/coils not specifically made for streetka that will still fit?

Any advice greatly appreciated :)

Coilovers cost a fortune unfortunately you're probs better of with springs if your trying to save money :) will have a look for some for you in a sec

Ps welcome to the club :)

Coilovers cost a fortune unfortunately you're probs better of with springs if your trying to save money :) will have a look for some for you in a sec

I know, everything seems to be pretty pricey for street-ka! Others aren't so bad but SK are a never ending money pot to be honest, I love her anyway :)

Thanks for the link, they're a lottt cheaper than things I've been looking at or quoted!

Ps welcome to the club :)

and thanks! :D

£450 is about the cheapest I've found for a set of AP coilovers.

What do you want them for, the looks or the handling? You're not going to get a harsh ride with a decent set of lowering springs, but if you want the handling then coilovers are a little better. Coilovers are obviously the better option, but then again for an everyday drive that just looks a bit better sat on the wheels, I'd definitely go for the springs.

£450 is about the cheapest I've found for a set of AP coilovers.

What do you want them for, the looks or the handling? You're not going to get a harsh ride with a decent set of lowering springs, but if you want the handling then coilovers are a little better. Coilovers are obviously the better option, but then again for an everyday drive that just looks a bit better sat on the wheels, I'd definitely go for the springs.

It's completely for looks, its already a pretty stiff ride so I'm not bothered about it being bumpy. I think springs are going to be my best option, its really just to get her lower and sitting nicer on the alloys. Would have loved coilovers just to get that wee bit lower but already need to replace the plastic rear window, a door handle, the heater valve and get the bodywork touched up on top of the cost of the alloys so it's just not affordable :(

Id stick to the springs then if its mainly for looks :) as Dave says coilovers are better but you pay through the nose for them

Cant go wrong with Eibach either Ford recommend them :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club