Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Durashift Issues

topperking99

Hello All,

Just purchased a 2003 Ford Fusion 2 Durashift EST (semi-automatic) 1.4

It has just over 20,000 miles on it.

Driven by an older couple - thought I got a great deal. Drove it around - felt great - a bit slow on the shift change compared to a manual, but it felt fine.

Drove it home from Plymouth to Torpoint - no problems.

Next day - my wife drove it about 100 yards and it died! Just wouldn't move.

Engine would not even turn -

EAC Fail came up on dash.

Checked and the battery was dead - completely - and is seemed to be leaking.

Replaced the battery with a brand new one and it seemed fine for a couple of days.

What's been happening in the meantime 2 times out of 5 in the mornings is that the car will start, but when I drive it for about 100 yards, it starts to stall & lurch - and the Transmission Warning light comes on - the Automatic disappears and it just does not rev up any more - I put it into manual mode and the transmission warning light disappears - then it appears again. I stop the car - tried to start it again and it would not start - no turning etc.

Wait a few minutes - start it again and it's fine - no error, no warning light.

Not sure if this means anything - but it only happens in the morning, especially after rain.

Took it to my mechanic and he ran a diagnostic - no errors, no issues came up! He said the best thing is to start the car and wait a minute or 2 before taking off -

Is it an electrical problem (EAC?) / Is it affected by moisture?

Please, please help!

Thank You!

Ihab

Thank You

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/18532-fix-durashift-gearbox-problem-easy/

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/41836-fix-durashift-problem-2/

have a read of both the above

with your symptoms and appearing worse in the wet, the second one maybe the more likely fault

dont know what scanner the mechanic used, but you will only get codes from the transmission module, not the pcm...in other words, did he have the software to access the transmission module

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/18532-fix-durashift-gearbox-problem-easy/

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/41836-fix-durashift-problem-2/

have a read of both the above

with your symptoms and appearing worse in the wet, the second one maybe the more likely fault

dont know what scanner the mechanic used, but you will only get codes from the transmission module, not the pcm...in other words, did he have the software to access the transmission module

Wase 1611,

Thank you so much for this help ... I have printed off both solutions and will attempt them ASAP - It seems that the second solution is the issue -

Will update you when done!

Thank You!

to be honest, such common issues, i would do both anyway

Hi members, I have a fusion 1.4 03 reg. I am experiencing at times notchy gear changing with the manual gearbox. Especially when changing down from 5th at high speed. Also if I select reverse and the gear lever doesn't engage at first attempt then when I try again it crunches. So I have to kill the engine, engage it, then start the engine up again. This fusion has done 174k by the way. But I don't know if they suffer problems at high mileage. Has anybody out there had simular problems ?

Thank you all for your answers -

I have checked all the wires and checked the actuator - all good - it seems like the damp gets to it so I have re-taped all the wires and plugs -

It's bee dry and the car drove great yesterday & today.

It will rain tomorrow, so will see if that affects it again - I will update you as soon as I know.

Thanks again ...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club