Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Mk2.5 Focus Titanium

SuperSixFour

Hi,

This is my new car, its a 2 year old focus titanium in vision blue with the 100ps version of the 1.6 petrol engine.

car2.jpg

It has the usual titanium spec with a few options ticked, DAB, keyless entry, push button start, heated seats, bluetooth, voice control, and rear parking sensor.

car_mountains_front_no_reg.jpg

car_mountains_rear_no_reg.jpg

I'll be giving it a good wash, clay and machine polish when I get a free weekend, but the paint is in pretty good condition really.

So far I've fitted a brodit phone cradle and some ford oem mudflaps, but that's all. I've got a few other bits waiting to be fitted when time and weather allow...

IMAG0128.jpg

Clear fog light lens - I might do the dual reverse mod in the future, but just a clear lens and red bulb for now.

IMAG0132.jpg

Zetec S aluminium sport pedals - these were an optional accessory on the titanium.

IMAG0134.jpg

New alloy centre caps - these have corroded quite a lot, spoiling the look of the alloys

IMAG0135.jpg

LED rear tail lights - again these were an option on the titanium.

That's about it for now really, I'm a fan of keeping things original looking, so I'm mainly just looking at fitting oem parts and optional extras that the car doesn't have.

I'll probably replace the headlight and front fog light bulbs with a combination of Phillips xtreme vision and night breakers towards winter, I had those in my last car and they were decent.

I'll be looking around the forum for other ideas, so any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks

Alex

• Like 6

Nice one good choice :-)

Look forward to seeing them bits added on :-)

• Like 3

I'll be looking around the forum for other ideas, so any suggestions are welcome!

Welcome to the forum Alex,

Lovely motor you have there mate and a nice line up of mods,

You said ideas welcome so you may like to browse my list of guides listed below this post, just click to follow each one.

Any questions I'm always happy to assist.

• Like 3

Hi and Welcome to the Forums , theres a hugh list of of Guide's onn here to help you along the way.

• Like 3

welcome aboard alex , nice motor .

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies. It looks like there are loads of good guides on here, especially from Lenny in particular!

It rained today but hopefully I can get a few of my new bits on the car this week and then I'm already getting a few ideas from you guys for what to do next.

I wish I had a garage!

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies. It looks like there are loads of good guides on here, especially from Lenny in particular!

It rained today but hopefully I can get a few of my new bits on the car this week and then I'm already getting a few ideas from you guys for what to do next.

I wish I had a garage!

Thanks very much,

I don't have a garage neither but I'm considering a pop up gazebo ;)

I've also created a guide on fitting those RS tail lights you've bought,

And I've just realised it wasn't in my signature list until now.

• Like 3

Thanks very much,

I don't have a garage neither but I'm considering a pop up gazebo ;)

I've also created a guide on fitting those RS tail lights you've bought,

And I've just realised it wasn't in my signature list until now.

I don't even have a drive so the gazebo option is no good for me! I just need to move, what was I thinking, the car is much more important than the house!

I've just read the led lights guide, looks good, looks straight forward actually. (Although in my experience the easiest jobs sometimes end up taking the longest!!)

The ford instructions are great aren't they, step one: remove lights, step 2: fit new lights.....no mention of how!

• Like 2

I need a gazebo too purely because on my drive I have to park under a tree !!!!!! Bits poo and berries is the worst !! Most of the time I take the risk of parking on the grass out the front of my house... I dread the Saturday night pi55 heads !!

And you are spot on about the easy jobs taking the longest from personal experiences !!

• Like 2

I don't even have a drive so the gazebo option is no good for me! I just need to move, what was I thinking, the car is much more important than the house

+1 mate I'm all with you on that theroy, all you need is a man cave with enough space for the focus net to the 48" led TV

I've just read the led lights guide, looks good, looks straight forward actually. (Although in my experience the easiest jobs sometimes end up taking the longest!!)

Hardest part is unplugging the existing light units from the loom,

After that its a straight swap.

The ford instructions are great aren't they, step one: remove lights, step 2: fit new lights.....no mention of how!

+1 why did they even bother printing that price of instruction lol,

No mention of selling the existing units; ow no, just disconnect and bin them each in their own individual aluminium refuse container with lid lol, no consideration for the second hand market at all,

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/43587-guide-fitting-ford-rs-led-rear-light-units-focus-mk25/

• Like 2

Hi guys,

I finally got around to fitting my led tail lights today with the help of Lenny's guide.

IMAG0137.jpg

It was very straight forward, the hardest bit was fiddling around behind the plastic in the boot to find the loom plugs without actually being able to see them.

There was a remarkable amount of crap accumulated behind the old light clusters!

Looking forward to it going dark now...

• Like 2

going to move this to the projects / build thread section :)

• Like 2

My tax is due up at the end off this month, which inspired me to to do a way with the dealers saggy plastic holder. Picked this up on eBay, its a very close match for my paint colour actually...

IMAG0139.jpg

This is the phone cradle that I mentioned in my first post. I'd recommend it, its pretty sturdy and it just clips in to panel gaps, so no screws or glue damage if you choose to remove it.

IMAG0138.jpg

For the focus they do three mounting options, the one I've got to the left of the air con controls, the bottom of the driver's A pillar or the right hand centre air vent. They have fittings for all modern smart phones but they're not cheap really, mine was about £40.

• Like 1

Brodit is pretty much the best in the phone bracket market for sure.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum and love the colour of your car. My suggestion for the next mod will be to get the rear windows tinted as I think it would look ace with the car colour. Also, a nice rear diffuser would set it off :)

• Like 2

hello and welcome to the forum fella and that looks a very tidy focus you got and like the sound of the plans you got.

im liking the look of led tail lights might invest in a set one day.

I have just ordered the clear rear fog for my focus.

will look forwared to seeing the bits and pices added

• Like 3

Hi guys,

I finally got around to fitting my led tail lights today with the help of Lenny's guide.IMAG0137.jpg

It was very straight forward, the hardest bit was fiddling around behind the plastic in the boot to find the loom plugs without actually being able to see them.

There was a remarkable amount of crap accumulated behind the old light clusters!

Looking forward to it going dark now...

Thank for the mention Alex,

Bird crap gets washed down from the roof of the car by rain water,

It accumulates at the rear of the tail light units as the water is channeled down either side of the boot seal and on to the rear bumper,

Next time your waxing the car, n harm to wax the area beneath the tail light units for extra peace of mind.

• Like 2

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies

Welcome to the forum and love the colour of your car. My suggestion for the next mod will be to get the rear windows tinted as I think it would look ace with the car colour. Also, a nice rear diffuser would set it off :)

I had thought about getting the rear windows tinted, nothing too dark though, I think my local place call it "light smoke", but I never did it because I wasn't sure. That said I did see a Kuga in the same colour recently and it looked awesome with the tinted glass.

You've got me thinking again now! I wonder how much it costs?

hello and welcome to the forum fella and that looks a very tidy focus you got and like the sound of the plans you got.

im liking the look of led tail lights might invest in a set one day.

I have just ordered the clear rear fog for my focus.

will look forwared to seeing the bits and pices added

Thanks.

I'd recommend keeping a look out on eBay for the led light units if you're keen on them, they come up fairly often and you'll save a lot over the ford / new price.

I'm going to do the clear fog next, I've got the lens ready, but I've not got a red bulb to put in it yet. I've read that some red bulbs end up looking pink with the clear lens, so I'm not sure what to order. What have you gone for?

Thank for the mention Alex,

Bird crap gets washed down from the roof of the car by rain water,

It accumulates at the rear of the tail light units as the water is channeled down either side of the boot seal and on to the rear bumper,

Next time your waxing the car, n harm to wax the area beneath the tail light units for extra peace of mind.

You're right about that! When I wash the car next I'll definitely pop those two screws out and give the area a bit of a clean and a wax to protect it. I can't imagine its good from a corrosion point of view in the long run.

Welcome & Nice ride :)

Thanks

• Like 2

I've just been out and fitted the aluminium pedals. I believe these were standard on the Zetec S model, and available as an accessory for the rest of the range.

IMAG0132.jpg

They were easy enough to fit, you've just got to get down on your hands and knees and wrestle with them a bit. They make a surprising difference to the look of the interior, I'm very pleased with them.

I just need to hoover now!!!

IMAG0142.jpg

I've not fitted the dead pedal because there isn't really anywhere for it to go. Looking in the passenger footwell I can see there's a nice slope against the wheel arch, so it would fit nicely in left hand drive cars, but I really can't see where we can put it on our cars. It would just be flat on the floor which seems a bit pointless.

Maybe if any of you have these as standard you could show me how its been installed and whether its worth it or not?

Cheers

• Like 2

alex the rear fog I have ordered has got a bulb with it so I will see what it looks like first.

people have said to use a cree red bulb so may end up getting one of them

• Like 3

alex the rear fog I have ordered has got a bulb with it so I will see what it looks like first.

Will you be fitting dual reverse lighting in the future,
  • Like 1

Ahh right, I just got mine from ford parts, so it just came with a normal reverse bulb for the European market.

l'd be interested to see what yours looks like when you get it, so let me know if that's OK?

In the meantime I'll do some research on cree bulbs, thanks.

Will you be fitting dual reverse lighting in the future,

Hi Lenny,

I'm probably going to do it further down the line, but for now I'm just going with the clear lens and a red bulb.

Does that affect bulb selection?

• Like 2