Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Excessive Brakedust And 'jumping' When Going Over Small Bumps

MarkG70

Hi

I've just bout and 11 plate 1.4 fiesta zetec, and whilst overall it's a superb car, noticed a couple of issues that wanted to check in on

Firstly, there front brakes seem to be producing a lot of brake dust, more than I have ever noticed on any other car I've had

The other issue is that the car feels as though it's almost jumping off the road when going over bumps or repairs, to the point where it feels as though it's changing direction to follow any groove in the road for example. This is even worse when I go over as bump going round a corned as the car basically wants to change direction and it ain't the most comfortable feeling on the world!

As it's was bought from a main ford dealer after a full service, I an wondering if it's just new pads bedding in and if they've over inflated the tyres slightly (not had chance to check this yet)

Any help/advise would be appreciated

Cheers

• Like 1

might be worth having the tracking checked too,

would hope thatt a full service would have shown up any other possible problems, so pressures and tracking would be first checks

Hi

I've just bout and 11 plate 1.4 fiesta zetec, and whilst overall it's a superb car, noticed a couple of issues that wanted to check in on

Firstly, there front brakes seem to be producing a lot of brake dust, more than I have ever noticed on any other car I've had

The other issue is that the car feels as though it's almost jumping off the road when going over bumps or repairs, to the point where it feels as though it's changing direction to follow any groove in the road for example. This is even worse when I go over as bump going round a corned as the car basically wants to change direction and it ain't the most comfortable feeling on the world!

As it's was bought from a main ford dealer after a full service, I an wondering if it's just new pads bedding in and if they've over inflated the tyres slightly (not had chance to check this yet)

Any help/advise would be appreciated

Cheers

Brake dust all comes down to pads and disc quality, there are expensive pads you can purchase that reduce the excessive amount of brake dust, otherwise it's perfectly normal, i struggle to keep my front alloys clean too, it sucks.

Regarding your steering this is feedback dude lol and i don't think your very used to it, cars that are numb aren't very good with cornering. For a car like the focus or Fiesta they have the best handling of any car in the same class (normal models not RS)

All of the stuff you're feeling is good quality feedback the steering wheel is talking to you, there might also be a bit of torque steer in it but it's all good stuff!

That lack of feel and numbness of can be so boring

Just saw the reply, indeed it is a good idea to get the tracking checked. if you have not had some sort of massive impact with a pot hole recently or the car isn't swerving off the road in a straight line your tracking is probably fine, since you've said it happens when going over uneven road surface

Cheers for that!

Feel a bit of a dumbass if it is just feedback - guess just not a car this responsive before!

Cheers

i wouldfnt be suprised if its jumping about at speed, but normal driving i would have thought something isnt right...my money is on tracking if its jumping at slower speeds

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club