Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wet Carpets

roosterbooster

Hello, my passenger rear carpet behind drivers seat was soaking wet last week so i opended the door and poured water from a watering can over glass and weather strips to check where water was coming in and the water was going into door as it should and running out the drain holes at the bottom of door, but when i checked the metal locking mechaniam water was coming out of it when puring water over windows so thats where the water is getting in, does anyone know a fix for this ? thnx,, Russ

Yeah but there a leak off pipe on air con underneath carpet beside clutch sometimes they leak into back driver side makin rear carpet wet

• Like 2

hi thanks for the replys, yes it has air con mike85 like just about all mondeos but how would that make water come through lock mech ? stooge75 are the weather strips easy to fit along window ? would you replace top ones aswell.. i also have chrome trim andjust been looking for some on the bay but no joy

mike86,,o right i didnt know that thats somthing to be aware of, thnx, its 100% coming from the door tho water was running down above arch shape and then down and coming over bottom rubbers on floor near carpet

Sorry bud misread ur question so were exactly do u think water comin in there a seal on body frame and seal on door which should stop water from lock comin in car

water is coming out of the lock near where the child lock switch is and then hits the body work then runs down panel inbetween door and body work the biulds up and splashes over and spills onto carpet

my door seal needs replacing also. they just push fit on. also,the strips along tops of doors where window is ,also pushes/slides on so im told,but ive never replaced one yet either.(going to though soon). I think I'd use some loctite/araldite also just to keep it snug & tight.

also,theres a sound deadener card thing in the door (on some cars)that for whatever reason folk damage & fail to replace. might be a good idea to have a look

yes i replaced that membrane in all of my doors when i first bought the car due to a hole in the stuff, it is a very common problem, i took the origanal stuff out and replaced with clear plastic all over openings in inner door and sealed and fixed down with butyl tape, i will be on the hunt for some weather stripes now then might try scrap yard or try buying new if there not to expensive i will let you know how i get on with replacing,

I have replaced lots seals on door frame just tap them on wit rubber mallet but they ain't cheap from ford door weather strips at window just push on no sealer needed

sounds easy enough, i will start with the weather strips on the window and door

yeah suppose so. mick how much did ford charge for them,as Ford sell them to dealers at 2 euros each.cant wait to see how much of a mark-up the dealers put on eh

i get a feeling the mcat is wrong & maybe the decimal is in wrong place lol.maybe supposed to be 21 euros each maybe? because the short lower seal on the door is 20 euros as well

Weather strip under window bout 20 or 30 an when u open door big seal on body of car not the between 50 an 100 an seal on inside door not sure bud

Weather strip under window bout 20 or 30 an when u open door big seal on body of car not the between 50 an 100 an seal on inside door not sure bud

wow.yeah on mcat the price for the ones attached to bady of car is (RRP) 144 euros for 2. ridiculous eh? for a bit of rubber that costs literally pennies to make

I know it's highway robbery all car parts these days even for ford so called workin class car it's insane only bit rubber with metal strip in it sure let me know how it goes

• 1 year later...

Maybe you need to change the seals altogether to eliminate this problem. You should carry out the cleaning of your carpets after every few weeks based on their usage. If you buy hotel carpets, they are going to last you longer and also less maintenance would be required.

Mick85 about the wetness in rear drivers due to air on leak off pipe how would I fix this issue? Tia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club