Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2200Rpm Missing

lanfirezs

Hi guys, paul here.

guys i could do with some help if you can.

run down of events ! , i bought a mk1 2001 1.6 petrol hatch back with a dead engine, what i didnt know untill it was delivered is the bay had been ransacked for parts :( so with all my knowledge being in fiestas i have had to learn from google to find out what the bay should look like and where stuff goes!

so i already had a 1.6 zetec se engine in stock from an old project, they are VERY similar but as im finding out maybe there are sublte differences.

engine is in and fires up fine, took it for a quick spin, theres 1 DTC code p1000 which i belive will clear itself after a good drive.

The problem i have is at 2200rpm is sounds like its either missing or flooding itself, if you give it some beans it misses all the way from 1000rpm right through the range.

if i give it the beans i then get another DTC saying bank 1 is overfulling / rich.

so iv got a bunch of pictures of the bay and iv also got a video of this going on, where do i start ! the parts have been built up from scrap yards, the evap system was from there, the aircon pump was, iac sensor was from one also, the rest is from the fiesta, all sensors on the engine etc.

i swapped out the fly wheel and clutch from the old focus engine ( one of the things they left on there ! )

i no this sounds like its been thrown together etc and there could be a million and one things wrong with it all but it was a cheap car to buy and its for my wife so it needs to run right :)

14501579113_0b389530c7_b.jpg

14295012127_7a31048fa9_b.jpg

14458348136_a8c03bf6d4_b.jpg

14478065261_c8312ed4a9_b.jpg

14294819410_a04b3b2578_b.jpg

14295008367_c268c87946_b.jpg

14478062301_a33888b06c_b.jpg

14478061651_221a7eb3be_b.jpg

the video is just uploading now.

Thanks in advance

Paul

have you checked the injector seals and state, it might be you need a new injector as I suspect the valve is kaput?

have you checked the injector seals and state, it might be you need a new injector as I suspect the valve is kaput?

i will have a look in the morning, the engine has been sat for a good 10months so theres a possibility the seals have gone bad.

cheers dude i will report back !

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok got an update on this if anyone can offer up some advice that would be great.

Iv checked,

Compression (100psi over all 4)
Checked Timming
changed the fuel line over the engine to one with a pressure reg in it ( this made a good difference, idle is much better now but still misses)
changed leads
changed coilpack
changed both o2 sensors
changed battery
new idle control valve.

The problem at 2200 seems to have gone after all of that however on idle it will sit nice at 800 for a bit then occasionally it dips then starts bouncing about for a bit then comes back, nothing turns on at that point like a rad fan or anything it just randomly does it.

if i bring the revs up slowly its smooth, if i mash it a bit from idle it misses like a gooden, i managed to get it out on the road for a quick trip up and down the street, misses all the way through the range in any gear.

im stumped on what this is now, the only thing iv not changed is the plugs, now the plugs are new but ill take a gamble that they might be faulty.

The only other slight issue is at idle i get flickering lights if i turn anything on, the flicker quick about 5 - 7 times then settle.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks

Paul

Sounds like a bad battery, or perhaps an alternator issue?

Sounds like a bad battery, or perhaps an alternator issue?

Possibly, iv done a test on the injectors today, 3 flowed both directions fine the 4th was very restrictive one way, im off to the local scrapper tommorow to pickup some new ish injectors and i might see if they have an alternator aswell !

update, did plenty of tinkering this weekend, got a replacement alternator, unfortunately didn't have any effect on problems.

i did notice a slight issue if the PCV hoses on the inlet, they are totally collapsed on idle ! , iv got 3 PCV valves and 2 sets of hoses, all combos of them all collapse, when i drop a vac hose off the charcoal chamber at the back of the bay it revs / idles high but the misfire disapeares ! so fault found i just need to find out why its doing it.

iv had the inlet back off and the PCV chamber off the front of the engine, everything looks in good working order, no blocks anywhere etc, the channels in the inlet look clear, and i can look through the pipes and see light, the PCV valve all rattle and also blow both ways?

can anyone post up possible fixes for this or at least things i can look at :)

Thanks in advance

Paul

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club