Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eloy's Fluid Counter Reset

landy39

Hi all quick question....do any of you know how much ford would charge to rest the Eloys counter plz..

A family friend booked his 06 focus Tdci in local garage to have Eloys fluid refilled after the light came on....cut a long story short,they filled the system no problem,when they tried to set the counter,they couldn't because the Eloys tank was empty and have told him to take it to Ford,as it will need to be reset by them....?

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Stoney871 ...... the Eloys tank is defo filled to max ...... and i have told him not to drive the car till the counter has been reset... he was just looking as to how much it will cost to rest,as he Disabled and money is tight...the garage charged him £150 to supply and fill the tank,and as proof of filling they give him the receipt and bottles plus the spare fluid.... they thought their software was able to rest it,but it doesn't.....

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Stoney871 ...... the Eloys tank is defo filled to max ...... and i have told him not to drive the car till the counter has been reset... he was just looking as to how much it will cost to rest,as he Disabled and money is tight...the garage charged him £150 to supply and fill the tank,and as proof of filling they give him the receipt and bottles plus the spare fluid.... they thought their software was able to rest it,but it doesn't.....

tell me to foc off if ya want to but:

Since youve had yours gutted and remapped,

Would you not let your relative take yours for a test drive and perhaps save himself future top ups?

As said though none of my business :)

• Like 2

Lenny bud...now why would i tell you to FOC.off..lol

He already has had a test drive of mine,and all thought he loves mine,he prefers to keep his car as is,he's old school ...lol.

• Like 1

Lenny bud...now why would i tell you to FOC.off..lol

He already has had a test drive of mine,and all thought he loves mine,he prefers to keep his car as is,he's old school ...lol.

if he aint broke now he will be when it cakes up with carbon creating excessive back pressure leading to cavitation of the turbo and carbon build up in the oil via the EGR that bill will be a chuckle, wouldnt want to have a mouth full of tea at the time anyways.

DPF, new Turbo, oil feed kit and oil sump refurb.

Anyways each to there own devices top respect from local mechanics

• Like 1

True sir...but who am i to tell someone to do something..lol

• Like 1

True sir...but who am i to tell someone to do something..lol

i see "friend of the family aint no friend of mine" :lol:

• Like 1

don't get me wrong he's a good egg,but he's a know it all,and i'm wrong in doing what i've done to my focus,but i will help anyone out who ask's,hence me asking this question.

• Like 1

slightly off topic...but my focus is going sweet...just looking for a company up here to do my exhaust,and i'm awaiting for my air filter to come. :)

• Like 1

don't get me wrong he's a good egg,but he's a know it all,and i'm wrong in doing what i've done to my focus,but i will help anyone out who ask's,hence me asking this question.

i hear what your sayin :)

Ive met a few like that too.

• Like 1

so getting him to do dpf removal is out of the question, im seriously looking into getting mine gutted in the coming months, just need to check one place does internals, if so dpf removal and power map for under 400 coins of the realm :D

might aswell ask here, will i see performance gains from dpf removal is it more prevention?

• Like 1

YES bry0586 ... best 195 pounds i spend ..... i was lucky enough to be able to do the Dpf removal myself then i got a company to do remap and Dpf software.

My Bhp is 139 and the torque is fab.

• Like 1

You want to tie a rope to his dpf system and let it get ripped off as he drives away.

Trust me, you'll be doing him a big favour ;)

(Joking of course)

Sent from my S5

• Like 3

Stoney871 ....... don't tempt me...lol :ph34r:

• Like 1

YES bry0586 ... best 195 pounds i spend ..... i was lucky enough to be able to do the Dpf removal myself then i got a company to do remap and Dpf software.

My Bhp is 139 and the torque is fab.

i think with the remap where i'd go its around 135-140 bhp and a big chunk of torque.

• Like 1

Go for it bry0586 ...... :D

no need for formalities just bry will do haha

• Like 2

no need for formalities just bry will do haha

it drives like a petrol after it mate,

If you can, get a 2.5" exhaust done from flexi flange back to the tip,

I say flexi flange because its already 2.5" from engine to flexi.

Just need a straight 2.5" pipe with two manderal bends put in it,

A diesel performance back box and choice of tip,

Could even fut a 90 degree elbow tip to keep it looking completly stock.

• Like 2

• 5 years later...

I’ve just had my dpf additive topped up. So what was the outcome of resetting the engine malfunction light on the dash. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club