Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drl Question/ebay. Plus More Information For Mk2.5 Focus

footfistart

Hello there,

I know there is already a guide but to me it's not quite clear enough. I've read the guide but still not too sure. Is this conversion a plug and play? i see that there is a switch that has been installed but I don't wantthat iI just want them to come on when ignition is applied and then dimmed when driving beam is activated? if anyone has anymore pictures that they could share would be much appreciated. I can't afford the ones advertised in the guide but I have seen cheaper on eBay but im not sure if they are any good and have them installed? if anyone has the eBay ones installed what's the wiring like?

Many thanks

Ryan

• Like 1

Are you looking at an aftermarket or an OEM version?

Really I'm after the oem look like prees..

Where the drls are situated in the fog light surrounds.

• Like 1

so your still going with an aftermarket, but the OEM look.

You can just use any standard relay off eBay that supports dimming, they are about £15 to £20 for a dimming one, but most are lights off.

Yeah that's right. Oh right well I was looking through the guide and it doesn't say anything about a relay? Where would that go? I still don't know if it's a plug and play sort of thing without having to do any wiring. One thing I don't want to start doing because one I'm not comfortable in doing it and two I don't want to damage anything if I can help it. Basically I want it to be like prees but without an on/off switch.

• Like 1

Yeah that's right. Oh right well I was looking through the guide and it doesn't say anything about a relay? Where would that go? I still don't know if it's a plug and play sort of thing without having to do any wiring. One thing I don't want to start doing because one I'm not comfortable in doing it and two I don't want to damage anything if I can help it. Basically I want it to be like prees but without an on/off switch.

the OEM kit comes with relays already installed in the pipe line,

Myself and pree have fitted the additional switch only to be capable of switching them off, but keeping the engine on, ideal for stealth driving lol

There is only one wire to splice when fitting the OEM kit and that is at the rear of the passenger headlight thats all.

No need for the routing of cable in to the interior,

Just plug it all in,

Thanks mate,They were very easy and enjoyable to fit following prees guide,I also fitted a switch next to the diagnostic slot the same as prees guide and run a twin core feed from it to the positive feed of the DRLs enabling me to switch them off completely if needs be. I cut the DRL positive feed in half then spliced the black feed to one end and the red feed to the other, thus filtering the positive feed and running it through the switch. But I had a few times that got hard but that was only because I got perticular and wanted to fit the controllers to the rear of the battery box, which meant I had to disconnect the cable connector to the engine fuse box, then disconnect the battery, remove the battery and store it upstairs in the house because a cement floor will zap the life out of it, Then manoeuvre the battery box to get it out of there, followed my purchasing some M5x30 cheese head bolts and nuts,I marked up the area for the controllers. followed by drilling the holes with a 4.5mm drill bit, not a 5mm thus allowing the 5mm bolts to thread their way through the battery box, resulting in a tight fit particularly when you grind the excess bolt from the inside of the battery box, the bolt will get hot and bond to the battery box so there is no chance they would vibrate loose. Image1690.jpgif fitting the controllers to the rear of the battery box, you need to fit them if the same formation as I have on mine, because they wont fit side by side due to some part of the car being on the right side of the battery box, Image1681.jpgdo not fear that the battery will rub off the bolts because there is around one inch of clearance between the battery and the rear of the box. Image1680.jpgThe loom supplied with the kit is already pre moulded with connectors, I run it from the rear of the battery box, under the air box and down to the front passenger fog light, then up a bit and across to the drivers side by tapping it to a bit of garden hose and pushing it through the gap between the sub frame and the front grill, once it the other side then down to the drivers side fog light,Image1674.jpgRemoved the original fog light surrounds and drilled a 20mm hole in each to fit the cables through for the DRLs same as prees guide.Image1672.jpgthe only wiring that has to be done is to connect the blue wire to the blue and orange cable on the passenger side headlight, trace back down the cable under the sleeve to the joint and splice it in there,Earth cable was next and it comes prewired with a ring connector on it so I fit it like a washer to the bolt on the top of the engine fuse box.last connection was to remove the 10amp ignition fuse and fit the DRL positive feed fuse connector, and fit the 10amp fuse in to the DRL fuse adaptor,The white wire with the kit that runs alongside the blue, I just tapped it up because you either fit the blue wire to the headlight or the white,If you fit the white, then the drls will switch off completely when you switch on your lights.If you fit the blue, the drl's will dim by 50% when you switch on your lights.Job done. The whole thing from start to finish tool me 03hrs 32min and I enjoyed every minute,They even stay illuminated for 30 seconds after you have removed the key from the ignition similar to the walk me home feature available in the mk2 focus.

Arh thanks for the pics looks abit better. I've been looking on eBay and I can only find ones that cost around 56quid. And trying to contact someone in China is like speaking to a brick wall. I asked them about the controllers and they didn't know what I was on about..... Is there anywhere else where I can them from?

Arh thanks for the pics looks abit better. I've been looking on eBay and I can only find ones that cost around 56quid. And trying to contact someone in China is like speaking to a brick wall. I asked them about the controllers and they didn't know what I was on about..... Is there anywhere else where I can them from?

:lol: enough said

You can buy them from in the UK, I think lennys purchase cane from Thailand I am sure he will correct me if I'm wrong.

Sadly the language barriers are difficult.

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

You can buy them from in the UK, I think lennys purchase cane from Thailand I am sure he will correct me if I'm wrong.

Sadly the language barriers are difficult.

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

nah no correction, you the man bro!

That must be where i got them from, :lol:

Do you have a link on where you got yours from? Did you get it from the bay?

Do you have a link on where you got yours from? Did you get it from the bay?

bought them from eBay same seller as Preee

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club