Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Streetka problems, help please!

emmad1604

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone can help me...I have a 2003 Streetka and on Thursday, I went to put my roof down and the button you press to open the compartment the roof fits into wasn't working. I then gave up trying to put it down and drove to where I was going. I parked the car and as I walked off I pressed the remote control to lock the car and a few seconds later the alarm started going off. It wouldn't let me lock the car with the remote without the alarm going off, so I had to lock it by putting the key in the door.

5 days later..I went to go out in the car today and it now won't start (I last drove it on Sunday). The radio and lights work and the car and boot will open with the remote control, but the electric windows won't work. Does this sound like a dodgy battery that has now died, or could it be something more like the electrics or starter motor?

I'm not sure if the roof and alarm is connected to the car not starting, or whether they are separate problems. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Emma

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone can help me...I have a 2003 Streetka and on Thursday, I went to put my roof down and the button you press to open the compartment the roof fits into wasn't working. I then gave up trying to put it down and drove to where I was going. I parked the car and as I walked off I pressed the remote control to lock the car and a few seconds later the alarm started going off. It wouldn't let me lock the car with the remote without the alarm going off, so I had to lock it by putting the key in the door.

5 days later..I went to go out in the car today and it now won't start (I last drove it on Sunday). The radio and lights work and the car and boot will open with the remote control, but the electric windows won't work. Does this sound like a dodgy battery that has now died, or could it be something more like the electrics or starter motor?

I'm not sure if the roof and alarm is connected to the car not starting, or whether they are separate problems. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Emma

Hi emma

The alarm has gone off because the roof isnt up properly or back panel isnt shut right this happens to me when i put the roof up and down i just redo it again shuttin everything tight then it doesnt go off but with the switch not working at the side the connection has probaly gone just take it to a garage and they will fix it .With the car not starting maybe the battery has gone did you jump start it?

Otherwise i would take this to your local garage.

don't know as much as blokes do on cars lol but hope this helps.

blondie86

Hi Emma

Im having this exact problem with my car...only thing is when I called Ford they said I have to pay £45.50 to get them to diagnose what the problem is. Apparently its something to do with the battery needing to be changed and then the switch being reconfigured. It sounded like an expensive problem, let me know if you have any joy with yours.

With regards to your windows the garage near me said he's had 4 cars in the past 6 months with the window problem and its just a case or twisted wiring. He charges £15 but apparently it will only last 3-4months. He said for a long term solution get a new motor at about £80 from an independant or £271 from Ford dealer.

Hope this info helps, im literally passing on info i got from different garages on Sat morning. Hopefully someone can give us more accurate and precise information

Thanks both for your replies. A friend that works for Audi came to look at the car on Thursday and said the battery was completely dead and needed replacing which I've done and now the car works fine, but the alarm is still going off and the roof switch still isn't working.

He pulled the carpet interior down in the boot to access the roof switch and did some electrical tests on the wires and thinks that there's a dodgy wire that needs replacing, but thinks it will be a long job as he'll have to get under all the carpet and everything to see where the loose connection/faulty wire is, so I think i'll leave it for the time being as it's not urgent and it could be quite costly.

As for the alarm...not sure why it's going off when I lock it still. I thought the same as you, that it was because the compartment wasn't shut properly as I have to redo it sometimes as well, but we managed to put the roof down by reaching the latch to release the compartment through the boot and made sure it was shut properly but it's still going off. Maybe because the compartment switch isn't working, it senses/thinks that it's not down properly and therefore the alarm goes off? Who knows, but when I find out I'll let you both know!

Thanks for your help

Emma

• 5 weeks later...

Update on the car situation....the car has been running fine for a good few weeks now with the new battery, but the alarm still goes off when I lock it on the remote and the roof switch still doesn't work - haven't been able to get this fixed yet as can't afford it at the moment.

However, I haven't driven the car for a few days now and I went to go out in it today and the battery is completely dead again, the same thing that happened a few weeks ago when I first posted on here, but this is now a new battery. Something must be draining it and I'm thinking it must be something electrical linked to the alarm and roof switch.

Anyone got any ideas what it could be?

Thanks, Emma :)

The battery going flat is probably because of the faulty switch or the fact that your alarm keeps going off (could be both)

I'm not very clued up on the electric side of things but it sounds like the switch is causing the problems so I would start by trying to eliminate that first.

Ask your friend to disconnect the switch or bridge the connections for you and see if that stops your alarm going off.

• 10 years later...

Hi

The boot and hood cover both have micro switches that are synchronized, one of these has most probably gone out of adjustment ... just needs a hexkey to adjust it/them

Paul

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club