Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Check your licence

Con Rod

Hi Folks,

Check your licence, and save £1000 read on:-

Thousands of motorists are at risk of being fined £1000 because they are unwittingly driving without a valid licence.

This applies to the new “pink” UK photocard style licence which expires after 10 years, the first batch issued July 1998.

Motoring organisations blamed the Government for the fiasco and said most motorists believed their licences were for life.

To rub salt into the wounds, drivers will have to pay £17.50 to renew their card, which critics state will earn the Treasury an estimated £437 million over 25 years.

Official figures reveal that of the 16,136 expired recently only 11,566 have been renewed, leaving nearly 5000 at risk of the £1000 fine.

Another 300,000 are due to expire over the remainder of this year, experts’ fear the number of invalid licences will escalate.

To check your licence, find the column headed 4a right in the centre, on the photo side, 4a “is the valid from” date. 4b “is the valid to” date. Under box 14 on the rear of the card has the key to the letters in very tiny print.

The DVLA says that any driver could be charged with “failing to surrender their licence” an offence carrying a £1000 fine. However they confirmed that no one had so far been charged.

So have a look and save yourselves a potential problem.

Hi Folks,

Check your licence, and save £1000 read on:-

Thousands of motorists are at risk of being fined £1000 because they are unwittingly driving without a valid licence.

This applies to the new “pink” UK photocard style licence which expires after 10 years, the first batch issued July 1998.

Motoring organisations blamed the Government for the fiasco and said most motorists believed their licences were for life.

To rub salt into the wounds, drivers will have to pay £17.50 to renew their card, which critics state will earn the Treasury an estimated £437 million over 25 years.

Official figures reveal that of the 16,136 expired recently only 11,566 have been renewed, leaving nearly 5000 at risk of the £1000 fine.

Another 300,000 are due to expire over the remainder of this year, experts’ fear the number of invalid licences will escalate.

To check your licence, find the column headed 4a right in the centre, on the photo side, 4a “is the valid from” date. 4b “is the valid to” date. Under box 14 on the rear of the card has the key to the letters in very tiny print.

The DVLA says that any driver could be charged with “failing to surrender their licence” an offence carrying a £1000 fine. However they confirmed that no one had so far been charged.

So have a look and save yourselves a potential problem.

I applied for my new licence on Saturday night and it was in my letter box by Tuesday morning. They got my photo from the passport office so I didn't have to send any docs. The one saving grace is that although it costs a £17.50 at least its quick!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club