Do Not Sell My Personal Information

cruise control

daveyboy467

hi,

just bought a '07 1.8tdci zetec climate. i've had these shape focus' before. my last been a 2.0 tdci ghia.

my question to you guys/girls:

if i get hold of parts from a ghia, can cruise control be fitted to my zetec... if so whats needed.

any advise regarding this would be helpful, as i really like cruise control. but the mrs wouldn't let me buy another ghia.

hi,

just bought a '07 1.8tdci zetec climate. i've had these shape focus' before. my last been a 2.0 tdci ghia.

if i get hold of parts from a ghia, can cruise control be fitted to my zetec... if so whats needed.

any advise regarding this would be helpful, as i really like cruise control. but the mrs wouldn't let me buy another ghia.

it can be retro fitted to any focus between 98 and 05 although the 1.4 and 1.6 engines need a little bit modified to fit so i can only imagine the newer focus will be the same. have you had a look to see if any of the wiring is present?

stef123,

i'm going to pick car up this weekend. but i'm more than happy to have a look.

not sure what wiring i'll be looking for.

is there a haynes guide available for '07 focus tdci?

thanks

stef123,

i'm going to pick car up this weekend. but i'm more than happy to have a look.

not sure what wiring i'll be looking for.

is there a haynes guide available for '07 focus tdci?

thanks

linky...h**p://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=48453&langId=-1

(replace the ** with tt)

hi,

I also was looking at retro fitting cruise as I miss it on motorway journeys [had it on a Volvo S40]

And searching on another forum I learnt a really important component you need to have already fitted to your Zetec [to allow you to retro fit cruise]

Is the correct type of PJB, that's the fuse come connection box situated in the passenger foot well, below the glove compartment. You have to remove the felt cover retained in place by the two yellow clips. Then you need to check

that the part number ends with the second last letter being a "D" the last letter I'm led to believe is not important. I assume the wiring harness will incorporate the wires needed to fit the correct steering wheel with the cruise buttons. As I cannot see motor manufactures messing about manufacturing other than one wiring harness per model

But as you can see from the photo, my PJB unfortunately ends with a BF....b'gger

I'm not saying it cannot be done, but if you have the right PJB on board it makes the job a lot easier.

CC.jpg

thanks for you good post.

i'll be checking the pjb asap.

i'll let you know what the result is.

yeah, would think you need a major mechanical type components to regulate the throttle position??! Not just ecu and control?!

yeah, would think you need a major mechanical type components to regulate the throttle position??! Not just ecu and control?!

I THINK ITS CALLED DRIVE BY WIRE: IE: THROTTLE IS CONTROLED BY A GIVEN VOLTAGE OR RESISTANCE, SO I'M HOPEFULL THAT THIS CONTROL MODULE IS REMOVABLE AND THE FITTABLE INTO MY CAR.

NEED AS MUCH TECH INFO AND NON TECH INFO AS POSSIBLE TO MAKE MY LIFE EASY.

OOOPS SORRY ABOUT THE 'CAPS LOCK'

LOL....

correct me if i'm talking poo....this info is only what i've picked up off sales guys trying to charge me £450 for aftermarket kits

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club