Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cigarette lighter

gwengo

Hi guys,

I bought myself an 02 ford focus 1.8 TDCi LX a few months back and I noticed that there were no cigarette lighters both on the dash and centre rear console, not even blanking caps. The salesman said that he thought the previous owners were simply non smokers (cheers for that sherlock!! :lol: ). Anyway my wife has bought me some new ones from eBay and I tried them, but they were too small. I was rather confused; how many different types of cigarette lighter can there be for one model of car!!

Does anybody know where I can buy 2x22mm diameter cigarette lighters for a mk1.5 ford focus I've looked on eBay and they are just for Mondeos.

Don't smoke in your car, disgusting habit and not nice for the next owner...... simple ;-)

Don't smoke in your car, disgusting habit and not nice for the next owner...... simple ;-)

How silly <_<

How silly <_<

No, i like the idea...I mean I don't see how it isnt more or less as dangerous as using a mobile...however I think most people now don't use them to light ciggys but use them for the 12volts!!

Piggy :)

No, i like the idea...I mean I don't see how it isnt more or less as dangerous as using a mobile...however I think most people now don't use them to light ciggys but use them for the 12volts!!

Piggy :)

Have you ever smoked in your car Piggy?

Have you ever smoked in your car Piggy?

No, but on basis of smells...I spent 2 weeks cleaning an FTO i owned in an attempt to remove it....

And if your referring to saftey....mmm...no I prefer to 1) stay alive (with regard my health)

2) stay alive (with regard my driving)

The 1st point is just gonna cause an argument...but the 2nd is quite serious....

You have to either roll ya ciggy or remove it from a packet (and I dont wana tarnish ya'll but I have seen people rolling a ciggy whilst driving down the m5!!) now that alone means you have a massive distraction, you need to take your hands off the wheel needlessly and eyes off the road, needlessly.

Then theres the lighting...in essence an attempt to start a fire in a moving vehicle.

Then the fun of having a stick on fire in your mouth, which you need to remove periodically to get rid of ash, again taking a large amount of focus off the road and cutting down your control of the vehicle.

And finally the loverly habit of people chucking their butts out the window....which aint just litter but often they aint even gone out yet...this may sound bizzarre but I have had to duck on my motorbike once coz a guy in front chukced his butt out the window and it flew right in my direction!!!

It just all appears a huge risk to take when one is already driving a potential killing machine...why take the risk....only to really regret it later when you have hurt your car or even worse, hurt or killed someone else?! :unsure:

Piggy :blink:

To be honest I don't smoke, and I would NEVER let anyone smoke in my car. I just don't like the fact that the powerpoints aren't covered, they always look like there's something missing from my car, I'm a bit OCD when it comes to this sort of thing :) I suppose I could also get a couple of powerpoint caps.

No, but on basis of smells...I spent 2 weeks cleaning an FTO i owned in an attempt to remove it....

And if your referring to saftey....mmm...no I prefer to 1) stay alive (with regard my health)

2) stay alive (with regard my driving)

The 1st point is just gonna cause an argument...but the 2nd is quite serious....

You have to either roll ya ciggy or remove it from a packet (and I dont wana tarnish ya'll but I have seen people rolling a ciggy whilst driving down the m5!!) now that alone means you have a massive distraction, you need to take your hands off the wheel needlessly and eyes off the road, needlessly.

Then theres the lighting...in essence an attempt to start a fire in a moving vehicle.

Then the fun of having a stick on fire in your mouth, which you need to remove periodically to get rid of ash, again taking a large amount of focus off the road and cutting down your control of the vehicle.

And finally the loverly habit of people chucking their butts out the window....which aint just litter but often they aint even gone out yet...this may sound bizzarre but I have had to duck on my motorbike once coz a guy in front chukced his butt out the window and it flew right in my direction!!!

It just all appears a huge risk to take when one is already driving a potential killing machine...why take the risk....only to really regret it later when you have hurt your car or even worse, hurt or killed someone else?! :unsure:

Piggy :blink:

I wont give a full response to your post mainly cos we're off topic and I dont think anybodys that interested. But I will say that I have smoked in my cars for years and if I thought that it effected my driving or any safety issue at all then I would stop. But it really doesnt in my case. However I am sure that some people are unaware/ignorant of the dangers and that they are dangerous as a result

Other examples would include phones, some can drive safely on the phone (even though its illegal and I hate it when people dial+drive) whilst others swerve about and hit stuff. Some people can can have a pint at the pub (legally) and drive home, where as others never make it back alive

etc etc etc

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club