Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 1.6TDCI injector removal/re-sealing

Dragon6

HI all my son has a slight problem with his 1.6 Focus TDCI.After an oil change we noticed that one of the injectors seems to be blowing/puffing out fumes whilst the car was ticking over.What I need to know is, can the injector be easily removed and re-sealed where it seats at all?If so how is the injector removed looks like a clamp holds it in.The car drives A1 the only sign of this looking back was a slight smell of diesel fumes in the cabin whilst sitting in traffic..many thanks in advance

• 1 year later...

HI all my son has a slight problem with his 1.6 Focus TDCI.After an oil change we noticed that one of the injectors seems to be blowing/puffing out fumes whilst the car was ticking over.What I need to know is, can the injector be easily removed and re-sealed where it seats at all?If so how is the injector removed looks like a clamp holds it in.The car drives A1 the only sign of this looking back was a slight smell of diesel fumes in the cabin whilst sitting in traffic..many thanks in advance

hi there, I'm experiancing the same problem, It looks like I have 2 that are leaking, and its giving me a poor mpg too, I attempted to remove it today to see the condition of the injector to renew it, however thats where the fun began, I removed the 2 bolts, well allen screws holding the injector in position and undid the fuel rail to the injector and the electric wiring, and I could not physically remove it, it wouldnt budge. So I put it back together and it wont start now. so I have now a bigger problem. have you got yours sorted?

hi there, I'm experiancing the same problem, It looks like I have 2 that are leaking, and its giving me a poor mpg too, I attempted to remove it today to see the condition of the injector to renew it, however thats where the fun began, I removed the 2 bolts, well allen screws holding the injector in position and undid the fuel rail to the injector and the electric wiring, and I could not physically remove it, it wouldnt budge. So I put it back together and it wont start now. so I have now a bigger problem. have you got yours sorted?

possibly air in the line?

• 4 years later...

Any news on how to remove this injector? I cannot get the plastic bit off that the electronic plug goes in! I have a snapped glowplug tip in the engine and am hoping to fish it out by removing the injector

you got a Haynes? Unplug that plug an leave the socket on the injector, unclip fuel return pipe and disconnect it, undo fuel union, undo injector bolts, remove, recover seals.

sorry, didn't see the previous reply's.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club