Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash Lighting advice

Waz

Hey all, new to the forum but allready im impressed with what ive seen!!

After 2years i am really fed up of my dash and center console lights being a horrible green colour!! my stereo illuminates blue and im now wondering how difficult it is to change the dash lights etc??

im told that the bulbs that light it all are clear but a "gel" is placed under the dials to make them light green? as you can tell im novice to alot of the car electronics all bar the radio!

Can anyone offer any advice or guidance on what is under the dials and what is the best/easiest way to change the lighting?

My car is a 2005 Focus Zetec Climate.

Cheers for any advice or guidance given!!

its a coloured film however when you buy bulbs now the bulb itself is coloured so really youre looking at removing the centre console as well as tghe dials etc and replacing the bulbs one by one if you arent good with car stuff dont do it ive known many a person to !Removed! it up and ending up spending a fortune to get it fixed ive seen it in orange and blue and to be honest neither really worked that well the green was the better colour

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for long delay thunder knocked PC outta action!! cheers for the reply, think im best off leaving the lights as are then!! Will have to look at other ways to spend some money on the car subtly so i dont get told off by the missus!!

its a coloured film however when you buy bulbs now the bulb itself is coloured so really youre looking at removing the centre console as well as tghe dials etc and replacing the bulbs one by one if you arent good with car stuff dont do it ive known many a person to !Removed! it up and ending up spending a fortune to get it fixed ive seen it in orange and blue and to be honest neither really worked that well the green was the better colour

Agree.

Though it is possible, but with a lot of work involved. I want to change mine too but don't think it's worth the hassle.

http://www.blue-led-conversions.co.uk/shop...Cat&catId=3

That website allows you to post your clock, window switches etc to them and they convert them to blue led's. I wanted to do this to my focus but after a cocked up set of dials and loosing my milage i learned to live with the green! my mate has this done to his focus and i think there to bright though il admit the green is crap but its easier to live with imo.

Mike

my new stereo has green backlight so it'll be odd for me to change anything to blue... ah well. Thinking of changing my car in 3 years time anyway.

Nice lil website btw B)

my new stereo has green backlight so it'll be odd for me to change anything to blue... ah well. Thinking of changing my car in 3 years time anyway.

Nice lil website btw B)

My stero has a blue backlight and buttons and one massive white one which lights the entire car up at night which cant be turned off and pi**es me off royal! But anyway cheers buddie :P .

What car you planning on getting like, i'm either gonna do a engine swap or keep my trusty 1.6 and get a cav gsi track car or just buy an st focus lol

Mike

My stero has a blue backlight and buttons and one massive white one which lights the entire car up at night which cant be turned off and pi**es me off royal! But anyway cheers buddie :P .

What car you planning on getting like, i'm either gonna do a engine swap or keep my trusty 1.6 and get a cav gsi track car or just buy an st focus lol

Mike

That depends if I'm about to start a family :P

But atm I quite like the Seat Ibiza Eco and the Golf GT Bluemotion. I even wouldn't mind one of those Volvo c30 ;)

That depends if I'm about to start a family :P

But atm I quite like the Seat Ibiza Eco and the Golf GT Bluemotion. I even wouldn't mind one of those Volvo c30 ;)

Uhh eco cars :P there a good idea but i no deep down in my heart, id be trying to kill it. If i was starting a family id be looking at a 2.0t volvo s60 in honest truth lol or in an ideal world a bmw m5 but thats just not going to happen lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club