Do Not Sell My Personal Information

roof lining

ford focus edge

Hi again all, yet another daft question thats been playing on my mind. Roofling in all of our focus's (assuming that is) the rooflining is that godawful light gray colour as are the plastics from the dash up etc. I no the plastics are a simple but good spray job to turn them black but the thing thats playing on my mind is the roof i really hate the colour it just dosent suit the colour of my car/seats (tonic/shark gray leather).

Back to the rooflining, could i just take it out spray the plastics up etc and die the roof lining using proper die's none of the cheap spray paint jobs!! or do i have to try and source a black or very dark gray one online, ive looked everywhere and simpally cant find one :angry: .

I'm tempted to go to a scrap yard and get all the parts i want to change the colour of and attack them with paint and die's to see the overall result and then fit them to my foci if they dont look completly crap.

What do you all think is this even worth doing or am i wizzing into the wind.

Any responces would be welcomed!!

Thanks

Mike

Hi again all, yet another daft question thats been playing on my mind. Roofling in all of our focus's (assuming that is) the rooflining is that godawful light gray colour as are the plastics from the dash up etc. I no the plastics are a simple but good spray job to turn them black but the thing thats playing on my mind is the roof i really hate the colour it just dosent suit the colour of my car/seats (tonic/shark gray leather).

Back to the rooflining, could i just take it out spray the plastics up etc and die the roof lining using proper die's none of the cheap spray paint jobs!! or do i have to try and source a black or very dark gray one online, ive looked everywhere and simpally cant find one :angry: .

I'm tempted to go to a scrap yard and get all the parts i want to change the colour of and attack them with paint and die's to see the overall result and then fit them to my foci if they dont look completly crap.

What do you all think is this even worth doing or am i wizzing into the wind.

Any responces would be welcomed!!

Thanks

Mike

i certainly wouldnt die the roof lining you would need to recover it in vinyl however ford use some really sticky stuff to keep it up and ive never had one out without half destroying it in the process the plastics are easy enough a good clean and scuff up then on with the plastic primer paint and a good few coats of laquer but they will fade and they will chip which can make it look a mess and pretty tacky ive had a look at mine and apart from a few mods i wouldnt paint the dash ive done it before and even with the good stuff it doesnt last

Scrap that idea then lmao.

To be honest the car needs a few bits changing anyway (battry, wiperblades etc) just do them for now got a whole list of things i want to change on my car either that or save the money and in a years time trade my trusty 1.6 in for a 1.8tdci sport, 2.0 zetec's something with a bit more power and kit on torn between the ideas.

Mike

Would it be a good idea to remove the roof lining and find a similar fabric in the colour you wanted and cut it using the original as the template? I'm thinking of doing something like that for my car.

Would it be a good idea to remove the roof lining and find a similar fabric in the colour you wanted and cut it using the original as the template? I'm thinking of doing something like that for my car.

Not a bad plan that mate! just needs to be a very good fit and then it would look the dogs bol***ks :P aunt's bmw 330i has the tan leather with the black roof and it looks absoutly smart thats where the idea came from to begin with. What colour is your focus like?

Mike

I have a black 5 door focus. Haven't done anything with the interiors but will do in the summer. I wanted to get black leather seats but don't know where to find some, I don't want mock leather covers as they stretch and becomes wrinkly! I have been thinking of having most of the interiors (including the roof lining) white. Tacky I know but I'm still in my visualisation phase.

What are you going to do with yours?

I have a black 5 door focus. Haven't done anything with the interiors but will do in the summer. I wanted to get black leather seats but don't know where to find some, I don't want mock leather covers as they stretch and becomes wrinkly! I have been thinking of having most of the interiors (including the roof lining) white. Tacky I know but I'm still in my visualisation phase.

What are you going to do with yours?

I got my leathers of e-bay (absoutle !Removed! take the air bags were nackered cost me about 250 to repair + 175 for the seats) there are some good sets on there just got to pay that extra bit more. And for the love of god dont get it done white, if mine was black id want all my dials converted to red, black leather recaro's and black roof lining make it into a stealth bommer :ph34r:

I want to do:

New subwoofer

DRL's

mp3 style alloys

parking sensors

slight tint on my rear 3 windows (mines 3door)

cat-back

and finally if i decide to keep my mk1 i really want to drop a st200 mondeo v6 into it :P

I got my leathers of e-bay (absoutle !Removed! take the air bags were nackered cost me about 250 to repair + 175 for the seats) there are some good sets on there just got to pay that extra bit more. And for the love of god dont get it done white, if mine was black id want all my dials converted to red, black leather recaro's and black roof lining make it into a stealth bommer :ph34r:

I want to do:

New subwoofer

DRL's

mp3 style alloys

parking sensors

slight tint on my rear 3 windows (mines 3door)

cat-back

and finally if i decide to keep my mk1 i really want to drop a st200 mondeo v6 into it :P

Yeah I see the attraction with the black and red. I thought about the white, my focus is not a luxury car so no point in having white interiors and white leathers, it does look stupid.

Definitely tint my rear windows! Is tinting front windows now illegal?

Yeah I see the attraction with the black and red. I thought about the white, my focus is not a luxury car so no point in having white interiors and white leathers, it does look stupid.

Definitely tint my rear windows! Is tinting front windows now illegal?

It is :( saying that though id rather have my front windows open anyway in the summer and in the winter all id think theyd do it irratate me lol, i was looking at a set of full length sun shades for all 3 rear windows they give the look of tints but can be removed in winter etc.

The mk1 focus is more of a sporty car than a luxary one hence y i see the ghia model being pointles to be honest lol the nippier 1.8 zetec's and tdci sport's make more sence to me (have all the bits on you'll ever need + the sports suspension set up) another thing about the luxary models is that the seats are flat! i have a set of leathers out of an elle edtion in my edge and i love the fact there super soft and comfey yet when i take it round the back lanes and have a little alone time with my car they hold you in place snugley.

The best thing to do to point your imadgination in the right way is to work out a budget of what your willing to pay for certain areas of your car alloys, seats, stero etc and also look what others have done and there experiances of fitment and quality/strength of parts. Most of all though remeber the world is your f***ing oyster with car modding dont get to far into it and ALWAYS keep your eye on your bank ballance! lol

Mike

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club