Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tdci economy down after battery disconection.

Racing Green

Hi,

I don't know whether anyone else has experienced this before but about 3 weeks ago the alternator went on my 06 Focus Tdci 1.8 which i had replaced at a local garage. Obviously the battery had to be disconnected to carry out the job as was obvious when the radio required the code for it to work when i picked it up, now to the problem. It would appear that since the battery has been disconected my fuel economy has dropped about 7 mpg. I drive the same 26 mile round trip to work every day on the same route and before i could get around 50 mpg but now i'm lucky if i can manage 43 mpg. My question is, Has the ECU or injectors been effected by the removal of the 12v supply from the battery and will they need reprogramming in any way? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi,

I don't know whether anyone else has experienced this before but about 3 weeks ago the alternator went on my 06 Focus Tdci 1.8 which i had replaced at a local garage. Obviously the battery had to be disconnected to carry out the job as was obvious when the radio required the code for it to work when i picked it up, now to the problem. It would appear that since the battery has been disconected my fuel economy has dropped about 7 mpg. I drive the same 26 mile round trip to work every day on the same route and before i could get around 50 mpg but now i'm lucky if i can manage 43 mpg. My question is, Has the ECU or injectors been effected by the removal of the 12v supply from the battery and will they need reprogramming in any way? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

no it hasnt done anything to the injctors the ecu is relearning which is what happens when the battery is disconnected after a good 30 miles it will have relearned and the economy will improve

no it hasnt done anything to the injctors the ecu is relearning which is what happens when the battery is disconnected after a good 30 miles it will have relearned and the economy will improve

Hi,

No joy i'm afraid. I've now covered just under 500 miles since the battery was disconnected and the fuel economy is still way down from what it used to be. Anyone got any more ideas?, i did think about disconnecting and reconnecting the battery again to see if the ECU will relearn again, what do you think?

Cheers.