Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: C-Max 1.6tdci Automatic Problems
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford C-Max Club
headboard
Hello Fellow Ford owners

I have recently discovered a problem with my automatic box. It has begun making a knocking noise and sometimes i struggle to remove the key from the ignition when i put it in park. As soon as start the engine i can hear the knocking noise even though the vehicle is in park.

The car still drives with no loss of power through the gears except i've now discovered that when in D mode at motorway speed its not going into 7th gear. If i switch to manual mode and select 7th gear the car does not accelerate.

Having read numerous bad reports on these Automatic boxes and how they cannot be repaired i'm getting very nervous. I have recently took a warranty (2 months now)out with warranty wise and i'm not 100% sure whether this problem would be covered.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
headboard
Sorry, forgot to mention I have a 1.6tdci zetec. It's a 2005 model and its only got 23000 on the clock!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615