Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Temp display
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
jocojohn
Hi

I have a slight problem with my 52 plate 1.8 Mondeo, but I dont know if its worth the trouble to fix it or just live with it.

The problem is the green backlight has gone on the external temperature display within the rev counter dial although it still displays the temp.

Has anyone ever fixed this and if so what is involved? Thanks, John
fordmann
[quote name='jocojohn' date='05 February 2010 - 06:57 PM' timestamp='1265395651' post='63626']
Hi

I have a slight problem with my 52 plate 1.8 Mondeo, but I dont know if its worth the trouble to fix it or just live with it.

The problem is the green backlight has gone on the external temperature display within the rev counter dial although it still displays the temp.

Has anyone ever fixed this and if so what is involved? Thanks, John
[/quote]

Hi
It's a bit time consuming - about 2 hours but straightforward
Here's a guide showing how to replace the dials but the dismantling is the same

http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Fitting_Replacement_Dials_-_Mk3

Hope this helps

Paul
jocojohn
[quote name='fordmann' date='05 February 2010 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1265406367' post='63668']
Hi
It's a bit time consuming - about 2 hours but straightforward
Here's a guide showing how to replace the dials but the dismantling is the same

http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Fitting_Replacement_Dials_-_Mk3

Hope this helps

Paul
[/quote]

Hi again, Thanks for that, its a very useful guide. I dont suppose you have any idea of the cost of a replacement LCD temp display unit. John
mintalkin
if the temp display still works it sounds like it just needs a new bulb.
jocojohn
[quote name='mintalkin' date='06 February 2010 - 08:41 AM' timestamp='1265445088' post='63705']
if the temp display still works it sounds like it just needs a new bulb.
[/quote]

Hi again,

I may be wrong but I didnt think the LCD display used a bulb for the backlight
mintalkin
from memory i thourght it was controlled through a green diffuser, but after more reserch into this i stand corrected.

Full Colour Version: Temp display
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615