Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help plz
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
GingerMenace
hey all, got a slight problem just had my car serviced and mot'd, was all fine untill tonite, went out to car windows need washing tried to clean the rear window, but went i pulled the lever it made the front wipers go on full speed but not screen wash came out on the back,, any hints?
thknas in advance
Jonny87
[quote name='GingerMenace' date='05 February 2010 - 10:47 PM' timestamp='1265409430' post='63675']
hey all, got a slight problem just had my car serviced and mot'd, was all fine untill tonite, went out to car windows need washing tried to clean the rear window, but went i pulled the lever it made the front wipers go on full speed but not screen wash came out on the back,, any hints?
thknas in advance
[/quote]

I think that the wipers automatically comes on when you use the screen wash, so i can think of maybe four things that are causing this:

1. Dodgy switchgear in the stalk lever
2. Broken washer pump
3. Loose connection somewhere (maybe at the pump?)
4. Blown fuse

Check 3 and 4 first. Somebody may know of another issue...

Weird that the front wipers come on when you use the rear wash. Maybe points to dodgy switchgear, or maybe the car does this to signify that one of the other faults have occured

GL
GingerMenace
[quote name='Jonny87' date='06 February 2010 - 08:42 AM' timestamp='1265445159' post='63706']
I think that the wipers automatically comes on when you use the screen wash, so i can think of maybe four things that are causing this:

1. Dodgy switchgear in the stalk lever
2. Broken washer pump
3. Loose connection somewhere (maybe at the pump?)
4. Blown fuse

Check 3 and 4 first. Somebody may know of another issue...

Weird that the front wipers come on when you use the rear wash. Maybe points to dodgy switchgear, or maybe the car does this to signify that one of the other faults have occured

GL
[/quote]

thanks for replying ill give tht a go not very technicalminded when it comes to cars but ill have a look thanks
Slugsy
Washer stalk mate. I'll be surprised if it's anything else. About ten to fifteen quid from a scrappy
stef123
[quote name='Slugsy' date='06 February 2010 - 09:01 PM' timestamp='1265489466' post='63823']
Washer stalk mate. I'll be surprised if it's anything else. About ten to fifteen quid from a scrappy
[/quote]

or free if it fits in your pocket :lol:

i agree though, sounds like the stalk. do you have the variable speed stalk?

Full Colour Version: help plz
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.