Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Streetka Squeel
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
privatepyle11
Hi all my fiancee's streetka has just started to make a squeeling sound from the front - it only started yesterday. It does it all the time regardless whether the car is moving or not. Could it be the alternator belt and if so would this be expensive to have fixed?

Thanks
stef123
[quote name='privatepyle11' date='06 February 2010 - 04:20 PM' timestamp='1265472654' post='63769']
Hi all my fiancee's streetka has just started to make a squeeling sound from the front - it only started yesterday. It does it all the time regardless whether the car is moving or not. Could it be the alternator belt and if so would this be expensive to have fixed?

Thanks
[/quote]

does sound like a drive belt (alternator belt) slipping. it may just need tightened up but i would recommend that you just replace it. if its going to a garage and they can get a motor factor part then i would reckon maybe £40 all in as it is quite a large belt.
privatepyle11
[quote name='stef123' date='06 February 2010 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1265474861' post='63775']
does sound like a drive belt (alternator belt) slipping. it may just need tightened up but i would recommend that you just replace it. if its going to a garage and they can get a motor factor part then i would reckon maybe 40 all in as it is quite a large belt.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply - that is cheaper than what I was expecting will get it sorted asap
DeeBe
Yep, my girlfriends StreetKA does it too. Auxilary belt is to blame! If it snaps, you'll lose power steering and Altenator.

Full Colour Version: Streetka Squeel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615