Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Warning Lights On!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
deanemarine
i done a full service on my 2003 ford focus today. oil, filters and plugs. done a test run and the car was running lumpy and engine warning light come on! checked all the spark plugs again and i realised that the rubber gromet from the spark plug socket was on the last spark plug. i took it off and the cars running fine now, BUT the engine warning light is still on. can anyone help
artscot79
[quote name='deanemarine' date='07 February 2010 - 08:14 PM' timestamp='1265573070' post='64013']
i done a full service on my 2003 ford focus today. oil, filters and plugs. done a test run and the car was running lumpy and engine warning light come on! checked all the spark plugs again and i realised that the rubber gromet from the spark plug socket was on the last spark plug. i took it off and the cars running fine now, BUT the engine warning light is still on. can anyone help
[/quote]

disconnect the battery for ten minutes just make sure you have youre radio code then reconnect youll need to take it for a drive so the ecu can relearn drive at different speeds including a bit of full throttle for say half an hour
H3lly
Pm me for the code if needed after you done this :).
deanemarine
[quote name='artscot79' date='07 February 2010 - 08:17 PM' timestamp='1265573228' post='64016']
disconnect the battery for ten minutes just make sure you have youre radio code then reconnect youll need to take it for a drive so the ecu can relearn drive at different speeds including a bit of full throttle for say half an hour
[/quote]

not got the code for the stereo, its not in any of the paperwork i got with the car, is there a different way of doing it or where can i get the code from? many thanx
deanemarine
[quote name='H3lly' date='07 February 2010 - 08:20 PM' timestamp='1265573456' post='64020']
Pm me for the code if needed after you done this :).
[/quote]

i'll try that tomorrow, if i need the code ill pm you. many thanx
deanemarine
[quote name='deanemarine' date='07 February 2010 - 08:32 PM' timestamp='1265574161' post='64027']
i'll try that tomorrow, if i need the code ill pm you. many thanx
[/quote]
done it worked well thanks right what to i do about this radio code??
artscot79
[quote name='deanemarine' date='08 February 2010 - 02:53 PM' timestamp='1265640234' post='64144']
done it worked well thanks right what to i do about this radio code??
[/quote]

check youre book that came with the car first look for a radio code it may even be on a card in the ford folder if you got one if not you need to remove the radio youll notice 4 small square holes 2 each side either buy removal keys from halfords or use a metal coat hanger cut it in 2 and bend it so its like a u shape then insert them into the holes and pull youre looking for either a code on the top of the radio or post the serial number up its like m------- youkll see it on the radio and what model it is ie cd6000 etc

Full Colour Version: Engine Warning Lights On!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615