Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mk3 Wheel Bearing
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
martincooke
Anyone any sort of idea how much i should be looking at to have a rear wheel bearing replaced, dont know if it makes a difference but its got discs all round
stef123
[quote name='martincooke' date='08 February 2010 - 06:04 PM' timestamp='1265651662' post='64175']
Anyone any sort of idea how much i should be looking at to have a rear wheel bearing replaced, dont know if it makes a difference but its got discs all round
[/quote]

i would reckon the best part of 80 - 100 at an independant garage.
jellyman
The bearing costs about 100 but it is easy and quick to fit
stef123
[quote name='jellyman' date='08 February 2010 - 07:42 PM' timestamp='1265657567' post='64193']
The bearing costs about £100 but it is easy and quick to fit
[/quote]

parts or parts and labour? looking on ebay it looks like the bearing comes as a hub assembly and can be had for about £50 delivered (see link). plus fitting at a garage, still reckon £80-£100.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/REAR-WHEEL-HUB-BEARING-KIT-FORD-MONDEO-2000-2007_W0QQitemZ190328371913QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2c50747ac9

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Ford-Mondeo-MK3-Rear-Wheel-Bearing-Hub-2000-2007_W0QQitemZ270528498437QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3efcc14b05
martincooke
Had quotes in Altrincham ranging from 80-235 quid, how can the price vary to that extent
CAR PARTS EXPRESS
you will have had such a variation in prices depending on genuine or copy parts being used....
martincooke
Is it any easy job to do, may be doing it myself now
michaelworkman
well i know a mechanic up my street and he's told me if i get a bearing for around £17.00 he will fit it for 30 and it will take around an hour

mine is the same has discs all round too
brianfixit
[quote name='michaelworkman' date='26 February 2010 - 12:07 PM' timestamp='1267181858' post='67316']
well i know a mechanic up my street and he's told me if i get a bearing for around 17.00 he will fit it for 30 and it will take around an hour

mine is the same has discs all round too
[/quote]

I can assure you you will not get a rear wheel bearing for a mk 3 mondeo for aroung 17. I paid for my daughters 02 registered car last week 68 but they are available on ebay for 50 but I wanted to do it that day. Pretty straight forward job as long as you can get the tork 50 bolts undo ok. I had one awkward one that I had to take the head off with an angle grinder and replace with a new bolt. Brian
chris bowman
i agree. if u check this link which shows u how to replace the wheel bearing u will see that it comprises of the entire hub complete with wheel studs. i cannot see anyone purchasing this for that kind of money unless it fell off the back of a lorry!

http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Rear_Wheel_Bearing
Notch
Got a new hub from AtoZcarpart for £50. Prices range though from high 40's to 160. Maake sure you get one with bolts included (inc threadlock). 1 Hour labour £30 for a mobile guy. Plus tip - that's all in for under a ton for me. £65 min labour if main dealer. Ford hub c£200. VAT too. Looking at c £300 min I recon in that case. You pay and take your choice. Job is straight forward other than getting the Torx off - bold heads often rusted in, as someone already noted. No need to disconnect handbrake cable - just hang the calliper.

Full Colour Version: Mk3 Wheel Bearing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615