Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacing Fuel Filter_2004 Tdci Zetec
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Sparticus
Has anyone replaced a diesel fuel filter on a Ford Focus?

If so, what are the steps?

Do's and Dont's as I fancy doing this myself.

Many thanks.
hillmangimp
Make sure the new filter is well primed with diesel. Also if any air gets in to the system these cars are a right pain to start again! (I know, changed filter on my TDCI without taking any precaution/research) and it took ages to start it up. With the kit for the new filter you should get blanking pieces to block off any air getting in to the filter system. Haynes manual has a run through of things to do to ensure this is done propely.
ToolBox
What I did was ensure a full tank of fuel, it makes it easier for the pump to draw the fuel up, change the filter, fit a lenth of clear hose to the filter outlet stub draw up the fuel through the filter and let the air bubble up into the hose, (dont let fuel get anywhare nr your mouth, as an x heavy plant fitter i can tell you with first hand experience it tastes fowl and the taste lasts a long time)re fit the fuel line and start up, the engine may splutter and stop but it will soon crank up, be patient and dont over hear the starter motor.
Brian

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.