Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Get Headlight Bulbs Out
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
danzman1991
Hi,

How do I get the headlight bulbs out? I'm trying to but they're wrapped up in a wire, and will only allow me to lever it back a tiny amount before it springs back?!

Thanks,

Dan.
stef123
[quote name='danzman1991' date='10 February 2010 - 03:31 PM' timestamp='1265815264' post='64390']
Hi,

How do I get the headlight bulbs out? I'm trying to but they're wrapped up in a wire, and will only allow me to lever it back a tiny amount before it springs back?!

Thanks,

Dan.
[/quote]

they are held in with a spring loaded clip. you will need to unhook it at the top of the bulb holder (bit fiddly) and then the bulb will be free to come out.
danzman1991
[quote name='stef123' date='10 February 2010 - 04:25 PM' timestamp='1265818509' post='64397']
they are held in with a spring loaded clip. you will need to unhook it at the top of the bulb holder (bit fiddly) and then the bulb will be free to come out.
[/quote]

Ahh, I got it! thanks
K2008
I've had a headlight out for about 2 months now... :unsure: (drivers side), mainly because I find it a nightmare changing them :lol:
hawker
[quote name='K2008' date='11 February 2010 - 03:59 AM' timestamp='1265860148' post='64519']
I've had a headlight out for about 2 months now... :unsure: (drivers side), mainly because I find it a nightmare changing them :lol:
[/quote]

I would get it sorted ASAP, as the Police are now giving out 20 fines for non-working bulbs, and the FPN HAS to be stamped by an MOT licensed repairer.

Full Colour Version: How To Get Headlight Bulbs Out
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615