Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: St170 Faulty Driver Window
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
GavB
I drive an '04 Focus ST170 and my driver side electric window is stuck in the up position. Is this an easy fix - I'd rather not take it in to get sorted. Has anyone else had this problem - can I easily remove the door panel and fix this myself?

Thanks.
CAR PARTS EXPRESS
Have you checked the simple things first...fuse...switch...then onto motor to see if theres a feed there?
GavB
[quote name='FORD-PARTS-CENTRE' date='11 February 2010 - 10:31 AM' timestamp='1265883674' post='64549']
Have you checked the simple things first...fuse...switch...then onto motor to see if theres a feed there?
[/quote]

Yes, checked the fuses first and the switches are fine
CAR PARTS EXPRESS
would be looking at the motor then...as long as nothing looks physically jammed in the regulator
GavB
[quote name='FORD-PARTS-CENTRE' date='11 February 2010 - 10:59 AM' timestamp='1265885394' post='64552']
would be looking at the motor then...as long as nothing looks physically jammed in the regulator
[/quote]

What would that typically cost and is it easy enough to replace?
CAR PARTS EXPRESS
Right just had a look....u sitting down? a motor on its own comes in at 214.....if the regulator was goosed aswell you can add approx another 55, not too hard of a job though just a bit fiddly.....could knock a little discount of them prices but they are a poor discount code unfortunatly
GavB
[quote name='FORD-PARTS-CENTRE' date='11 February 2010 - 11:21 AM' timestamp='1265886709' post='64556']
Right just had a look....u sitting down? a motor on its own comes in at 214.....if the regulator was goosed aswell you can add approx another 55, not too hard of a job though just a bit fiddly.....could knock a little discount of them prices but they are a poor discount code unfortunatly
[/quote]

Holy ****
Thanks for the assistance! Fingers crossed I find a stowaway in the door panel! :-)

Full Colour Version: St170 Faulty Driver Window
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615