Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Gauge Problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Top_gear
I have a Ford Focus 1.8TDCI 56 plate.

I fill the tank up fully, the trip computer displays over 500 miles to empty, however, the fuel needle doesn't go to full on the display.
Once I have done about 300 miles - the fuel guage is on a quarter and the trip computer displays 180-200 miles to empty, the fuel needle (and 'miles to empty' on the trip computer) fall rapidly and I only get another 50 miles or so from the last quarter of the tank.

Can anyone help or advise please.

Cheers
artscot79
[quote name='Top_gear' date='14 February 2010 - 09:51 AM' timestamp='1266140497' post='64948']
I have a Ford Focus 1.8TDCI 56 plate.

I fill the tank up fully, the trip computer displays over 500 miles to empty, however, the fuel needle doesn't go to full on the display.
Once I have done about 300 miles - the fuel guage is on a quarter and the trip computer displays 180-200 miles to empty, the fuel needle (and 'miles to empty' on the trip computer) fall rapidly and I only get another 50 miles or so from the last quarter of the tank.

Can anyone help or advise please.

Cheers
[/quote]

do the dash trick and see if the gauges sweep fully to the max mark if not its a gauge fault if it does then ide be looking for a leak in the tank or a faulty sensor either you have more fuel than the gauge is telling you or the gauge is correct and fual is dissapearing
Top_gear
[quote name='artscot79' date='14 February 2010 - 04:15 PM' timestamp='1266163548' post='64990']
do the dash trick and see if the gauges sweep fully to the max mark if not its a gauge fault if it does then ide be looking for a leak in the tank or a faulty sensor either you have more fuel than the gauge is telling you or the gauge is correct and fual is dissapearing
[/quote]
artscot79
fuel sensor youll need to gat it code scanned to find out which one it is

Full Colour Version: Fuel Gauge Problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615