Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trailer Wiring
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Audio & Electronics
myquest
I've just bought a 2009 Fiesta Mk7 1.4 5-dr hatch and need a wiring diagram to hook up the newly-installed towbar.
I am aware that the electrical system is can-bus/multiplex and have the requisite 7-way bypass relay to tap into the various lamp wires. This to be powered from the fused 'Trailer' position in the pax fusebox but without a diagram am not sure if there is a supply wire -or plug/socket already installed from this to the rear of the car. Can't see anything obvious running from the looms.
Can any one help on this and/or have a copy of the relevant wiring diagram? Thanks in advance.
MQ
p.s. Er - Why are 'Daylight running lights' deemed necessary when there are at least 4 lamps installed at the front.....?
dezwez
:) [quote name='myquest' date='14 February 2010 - 03:32 PM' timestamp='1266160959' post='64979']
I've just bought a 2009 Fiesta Mk7 1.4 5-dr hatch and need a wiring diagram to hook up the newly-installed towbar.
I am aware that the electrical system is can-bus/multiplex and have the requisite 7-way bypass relay to tap into the various lamp wires. This to be powered from the fused 'Trailer' position in the pax fusebox but without a diagram am not sure if there is a supply wire -or plug/socket already installed from this to the rear of the car. Can't see anything obvious running from the looms.
Can any one help on this and/or have a copy of the relevant wiring diagram? Thanks in advance.
MQ
p.s. Er - Why are 'Daylight running lights' deemed necessary when there are at least 4 lamps installed at the front.....?
[/quote]
:) dont no if these are any good
myquest
[quote name='dezwez' date='14 February 2010 - 03:39 PM' timestamp='1266161341' post='64980']
:)
:) dont no if these are any good
[/quote]

Many thanks but not what I need - I'll keep looking..!
MQ
Slugsy
hi mate so run it by me again. What is it your acutally after?? I dont think that the car's wiring is canbus all the way to the lighting unit. I believe its canbus to a point where it enters a canbus conversion box then outto normal wiring.

Slug
myquest
Hello Slug
I need to know if there is a dedicated wire from the 'Trailer' fuse socket in the passenger's fuse box, running to the rear of the car.
A wiring diagram might give a clue as to where - if it exists - it's hidden...
However,I'm just popping in to the dealer's - who have relented and promised me a copy of their diagram ; so I may be fixed.

Many thanks for your help. Good to know this Forum is active!

MQ

Full Colour Version: Trailer Wiring
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.