Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Remove Cd 6000 From 06 Plate Focus Zetec
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Audio & Electronics
Luz
HI , hope you can help, I need to remove my CD 6000 from an 06 focus zetec. I have read to use 4 keys that you can get from ebay such as http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Double-DIN-Headunit-Radio-Removal-Keys-PC5-132-x2_W0QQitemZ250517727327QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP?hash=item3a5405285f

Or get the four keys from a ford dealer. However I have also read on here that you can remove the fascia and unscrew four screws to remove it, which is correct? Thanks in advance for your help. (the stereo I have has the volume dial in the middle) I need to remove it to fit the Aux in feature..
DeeBe
On the '06 plate you'll need the four keys. You'll find four slits, around a quarter inch wide, one each corner of the stereo. You insert the keys into the holes and apply outward pressure (just a little) on all four at the same time, and the stereo will slide out.

:)
Luz
[quote name='DeeBe' date='14 February 2010 - 11:06 PM' timestamp='1266188180' post='65083']
On the '06 plate you'll need the four keys. You'll find four slits, around a quarter inch wide, one each corner of the stereo. You insert the keys into the holes and apply outward pressure (just a little) on all four at the same time, and the stereo will slide out.

:)
[/quote]

thanks for the help, I presume the e-bay link is the correct keys?
stef123
[quote name='Luz' date='14 February 2010 - 11:21 PM' timestamp='1266189084' post='65090']
thanks for the help, I presume the e-bay link is the correct keys?
[/quote]

for your year of focus yes.

was gonna post a link to the guy on ebay i bought mine from but he has since changed his prices.

i got 2 @£1.65 free p&p so £3.30 but now he wants £2.99 free p&p for 2. chancing his luck i think
portuga
hello
i have removed my radio from focus 2006 plate i have the square radio can i fit a radio from a 2008 focus ????
i know the surround is different .
is there any one ho have done it???

thank you
craigy
[quote name='portuga' date='23 February 2010 - 05:41 PM' timestamp='1266946312' post='66638']
hello
i have removed my radio from focus 2006 plate i have the square radio can i fit a radio from a 2008 focus ????
i know the surround is different .
is there any one ho have done it???

thank you
[/quote]
unsure if needing this info but yes it will fit you just need to change the surround which you can get off ebay just done to mine hth

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.