Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Booster Worth It?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
myotai
Hi all,

Got an 04 tdci 1.8. I'm a newbie and have heard the booster available on eBay - about 90 might be worth fitting. What do u guys think?

Tony...
Slugsy
send us a link and we'll check it....but initially i'd say no as most "plug and play" devices dont work and if they do they fool the cars ECU (wont go in to detail too much) then significantly reducing the cars life
artscot79
[quote name='Slugsy' date='16 February 2010 - 09:52 AM' timestamp='1266313362' post='65245']
send us a link and we'll check it....but initially i'd say no as most "plug and play" devices dont work and if they do they fool the cars ECU (wont go in to detail too much) then significantly reducing the cars life
[/quote]

i wish they would ban this plug and play sxxxte they are rubbish and just knacker the car up mate if you want power 1 word pro remap only these units are just hype basically its nowt more than a resistor that fools the car into thinking its cold completely mucking the ecu around increasing fuel consumption emissions blah blah ill tell you this much vw passat tdi came in with one of these things ghuy had it on 18mnths we sent it to get checked on a high tec machine as we were struggliung with the sensors in it turns out every sensor was wonky this plug and play junk was interfering with everything end result pay 1200 quid to get the car fixed turbo was knackered cat was gone emissions sensors were fried car was overfuelling and smoking badly etc etc

Full Colour Version: Booster Worth It?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615