Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch Pedal Problems
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Fusion Club
fossy
i currently own a '53 plate fusion. over the last week the clutch master cylinder actuating rod has been slipping off the small rod that is attached to the clutch pedal.

is there something that keeps this rod on ie a top hat or plate
does the pedal spring need replacing
is the clutch on the way out

and ideas or solutions would be much appreciated

:rolleyes:
CAR PARTS EXPRESS
im sure there is a mod for this , will look into it and be in touch
CAR PARTS EXPRESS
there is a modified clip .50p plus 50p postage
artscot79
[quote name='FORD-PARTS-CENTRE' date='19 February 2010 - 02:42 PM' timestamp='1266589961' post='65770']
there is a modified clip .50p plus 50p postage
[/quote]

50p last of the big spenders how refreshing to see a clip at 50p my old passat when you went for a clip or bolt was 5 quid a time [img]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif[/img] there you go cheap as chips
fossy
[quote name='artscot79' date='20 February 2010 - 07:10 PM' timestamp='1266692414' post='66001']
50p last of the big spenders how refreshing to see a clip at 50p my old passat when you went for a clip or bolt was 5 quid a time [img]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif[/img] there you go cheap as chips
[/quote]

problem is now solved. went to local ford dealer and got clip a massive 35p, yes a whole 35p!!!!!!!!!!
artscot79
[quote name='fossy' date='21 February 2010 - 09:33 AM' timestamp='1266744222' post='66094']
problem is now solved. went to local ford dealer and got clip a massive 35p, yes a whole 35p!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

thats a first 35p i think i would have died of a heart attack there and themn seriously expensive part that aleways summat stupid that goes if it had been a vw clip it would have been 20 quid
Spooky_b329
How happy am I to find this thread...just called the AA out as the gf is stranded at work with a broken 53 plate Fusion, symptoms were as she was leaving work, she pushed the clutch down to stop at a barrier, there was some initial resistance in the clutch then suddenly it went straight to the floor, so she stopped on the brakes and stalled it. Clutch returns fine but no resistance either way. I texted her about the clutch rod, she presumably showed the AA man and that's it, so he's doing a temporary fix now. He says there is a small leak at the master cylinder and suggested it could be slightly overfilled causing it to pop off? Anyways, for a few minutes I had visions of trying to replace the master cylinder in the street, in the rain, and out of pocket. Just a 50p clip, how lucky am I?! Can I get it free under warranty/recall ;) Actually, a little more seriously, will they fit it for free?!

Full Colour Version: Clutch Pedal Problems
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.