Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1St Gear Issue
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
focusdan
Hi I have 1.4 ZETEC Manual and every now and then when i try to ingaage first gear it makes a grinding noise or just jumps out, some times even both been told it id the diff? gear lever cables or even worn cog.
Please help, i am getting annoyed with it now.
Cheers Dan.
Knight Focus
I had that problem years back with my first Focus 1.4, it just popped out of first. Luckily, I had only just bought the car from a Ford dealer. They took it in and it was a quick fix.

Unfortunately, I can't remember what the issue was.

Sorry, not much help there really.

Mike
focusdan
Cheers any way mike really need it sorted as the mrs nearly snapped her wrist whilst i was giving her a driving lesson(can't have that).

I am in a pickle i can diagnose most foaults and repair them from head gaskets to bearings and blowing exhausts, but this has thrown me right off, i am not worthy :(

dan
artscot79
[quote name='focusdan' date='18 February 2010 - 12:49 PM' timestamp='1266496769' post='65582']
Cheers any way mike really need it sorted as the mrs nearly snapped her wrist whilst i was giving her a driving lesson(can't have that).

I am in a pickle i can diagnose most foaults and repair them from head gaskets to bearings and blowing exhausts, but this has thrown me right off, i am not worthy [img]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif[/img]

dan
[/quote]

im not sure if the clutch is hydraulic or not but i once bought a fiat seciento sporting and it was doing the same thing guy thought the gear box was gone so i got it for 400 quid all it was was the clutch needing adjusted i sold it for 1200 afterwards may be similar problem if it goes into second no problem ide say selector fork bent or a dodgy cog somewhere worth seeing if its adjustable and what about these gear springs ive seen for sale could that be an issue gearboxes are not a strong pouint for me so im just throwing ideas to the wind
Gilly
sounds like worn cogs , prolly gearbox gone/going.
focusdan
Cheers guys what i will do is change the lot bar the gear box and see what happens then if that doesn't sort it i will be left with the altimate desition, change the gear box or wait for it to go, i hate gear box changes :angry:
cheers again guys

Full Colour Version: 1St Gear Issue
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.