Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help With Removing Radio From Focus 55 Reg
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Audio & Electronics
Suicide
Hi there.
I got my self a set of release keys and i got the radio release.
When i come to remove the wires from the back of the radio they will not come out and they look different to a standard iso.

Can anyone tell me how the hell do you release the wires from the back of the radio as its the only part i am stuck on now.
Thanks.
DeeBe
Theres a little 'handle' that needs to be released by a little clip, you should see it in the middle at one end. Once thats disengaged, the 'handle' swings round pushing the wires out automatically. You will need a wiring adapter if you're fitting an aftermarket stereo. Most car shops or the faithful eBay will be able to sort you out.
Suicide
[quote name='DeeBe' date='19 February 2010 - 12:42 PM' timestamp='1266582750' post='65740']
Theres a little 'handle' that needs to be released by a little clip, you should see it in the middle at one end. Once thats disengaged, the 'handle' swings round pushing the wires out automatically. You will need a wiring adapter if you're fitting an aftermarket stereo. Most car shops or the faithful eBay will be able to sort you out.
[/quote]
:D thanks m8 i do that tomorrow.
Yeah i already got a wiring adapter, i am now just hoping my double din DVD/CD/Sat Nav will fit in now, if not i have to find a new setup.
DeeBe
It should fit, as I have a double-din in mine, but it's a bloody tight squeeze! Wiring adapters and loads of wires are the culprit! You'll be swearing a lot! You'll need a fascia adapter too, but I'm sure you'll already have one of those!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.