Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Modeo Rear Track Control Arms Seized / Worn Bushes
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
ToejaM
I just bought a 2002 modeo lx 2.0l from a dealership, I've had problems with buying from dealerships in the past and being of no mechanical help to myself I always get my car checked / serviced with a main dealer, expensive yes but peace of mind is what I'm after.

As the topic says, they said the rear track control arms are seized and the rear axel bushes are worn. They said its safe to drive as it is but causes uneven wear on the tyres. They quoted me aroud 600pound to fix it! I was wondering, whats a reasonable price for this work?

I also need new discs and breaks due to a little corrosion, what would I be paying for this also?

Lastly and a long shot but can anyone recommend a good cheap garage in Newport South Wales, UK?
artscot79
[quote name='ToejaM' date='19 February 2010 - 11:06 AM' timestamp='1266577015' post='65723']
I just bought a 2002 modeo lx 2.0l from a dealership, I've had problems with buying from dealerships in the past and being of no mechanical help to myself I always get my car checked / serviced with a main dealer, expensive yes but peace of mind is what I'm after.

As the topic says, they said the rear track control arms are seized and the rear axel bushes are worn. They said its safe to drive as it is but causes uneven wear on the tyres. They quoted me aroud 600pound to fix it! I was wondering, whats a reasonable price for this work?

I also need new discs and breaks due to a little corrosion, what would I be paying for this also?

Lastly and a long shot but can anyone recommend a good cheap garage in Newport South Wales, UK?
[/quote]

if you just bought it take it back to the dealership and have them fix it if it was more than 2k then youre legally covered and its there problem to fix also if youre talking about a little surface rust on the disks then dont waste cash this happens normally the first few times you press the brake it will clear it off if the calipers are rusty clean them up and paint them you can stick new ones on and in a few months more new ones when they get rusty dont waste youre cash mate

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.