Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inserting Heated Seats
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
smyt
Hi Everyone...

I'm about to pick up a 1.8 TDCI Ghia focus tomorrow :-)

Really looking forward to it... its done 130k- what should I look out for?

My main question atm is that im also buying a leather heated interior.

What do I need to get the heated side of thing working?

Thanks for your help in advance...
Cheers!
artscot79
[quote name='smyt' date='19 February 2010 - 06:12 PM' timestamp='1266602538' post='65815']
Hi Everyone...

Cheers!
[/quote]

a lolt if the wiring isnt already fitted have a look under the seats there will be a plug for heated seats if the wirings already there if it isnt forghet abouit it you would need to rip the interior out and replace all the under floor wiring with new wiring from a car equipped with the heated seats you really shouldnt have bought an interior till you knew if yu have the wiring or not to retro fit you need wiring looms switches relays and fuses etc its a big job
ford focus edge
[quote name='smyt' date='19 February 2010 - 06:12 PM' timestamp='1266602538' post='65815']
Hi Everyone...

Cheers!
[/quote]

Bunged a set into my 3door and found out the wires wernt there but the seats are ace so the heated bit dosent bother me to much if you want to get them working as artscot said chances are its a major wiring jobby so wouldant get your hopes to high!

Mike
artscot79
[quote name='ford focus edge' date='19 February 2010 - 07:23 PM' timestamp='1266606826' post='65840']
Bunged a set into my 3door and found out the wires wernt there but the seats are ace so the heated bit dosent bother me to much if you want to get them working as artscot said chances are its a major wiring jobby so wouldant get your hopes to high!

Mike
[/quote]

its just expensive you need a loom and so you know its fine really you want a new one then rip out the whole interior carpets etc then you need to rewire the whole lot not an easy job and certainly not one i would do so the seats will fit in but you wont get themm working i know of 2 who had it rewired with a loom from auto electrician was a 400 quid job and tyhe seats still dont heat no one knows why the seats work wiring is correct but it dont work
smyt
[quote name='artscot79' date='19 February 2010 - 07:29 PM' timestamp='1266607190' post='65842']
its just expensive you need a loom and so you know its fine really you want a new one then rip out the whole interior carpets etc then you need to rewire the whole lot not an easy job and certainly not one i would do so the seats will fit in but you wont get themm working i know of 2 who had it rewired with a loom from auto electrician was a 400 quid job and tyhe seats still dont heat no one knows why the seats work wiring is correct but it dont work
[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up guys- will see if there is wiring anywhere. I havent bought the seats yet- but then again might just buy it for the leather...

Full Colour Version: Inserting Heated Seats
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.