Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Tyres
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
SteveThePirate
My front left tyre seems to be off balance since its worn more on one side so ive decided to replace it and get the wheels sorted, since they start to wobble and feel unsafe when going about 65mph :huh:

I'm looking at kwik fit at the moment and I was wondering if any of you had any good or bad experiences with them? Or whether national tyres would be a better option.

And whether or not paying the extra 4 to have the tyres filled with nitrogen would do any good or just make my pocket 4 lighter?
Jcoventry
[quote name='SteveThePirate' date='23 February 2010 - 07:12 PM' timestamp='1266951728' post='66673']
My front left tyre seems to be off balance since its worn more on one side so ive decided to replace it and get the wheels sorted, since they start to wobble and feel unsafe when going about 65mph :huh:

I'm looking at kwik fit at the moment and I was wondering if any of you had any good or bad experiences with them? Or whether national tyres would be a better option.

And whether or not paying the extra 4 to have the tyres filled with nitrogen would do any good or just make my pocket 4 lighter?
[/quote]

Kwik fit are OK for fitting tyres and tracking, but other than that, I wouldn't use them for anything else. Only takes a bit of Googling to find out they are cowboys when it comes to servicing and MOTs.
thesilverfox
[quote name='SteveThePirate' date='23 February 2010 - 07:12 PM' timestamp='1266951728' post='66673']

[/quote]

There are a few good tyre places in Chandlers Ford - I'd sooner chew off my own arm than use Kwik Fit to be honest - they are never competitive with prices either. Used to use Black Circles, but found that places are way better if you phone around and play them off against eachother.

18/225/40 Eagle F1 GSD3 were 95 ea fitted when I had two last November - pretty decent price, considering that everywhere else wanted 115 ea fitted.

Full Colour Version: New Tyres
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.