Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mk3 Fiesta Cold Start
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
short_frank
Hi all,

I'm new here so bear with me. I have a 1995 fiesta (bought recently with the plan to do it up) that was starting and running fine until this cold weather set in and now it needs a spray of cold start to start each morning. I have googled for a solution and have seen various answers regarding the coolant temp sensor. The fix suggested was to fit a resistor (varies between 10 and 47 kohms dependant on who is giving the info) which is said to cure the fault but no explanations as to where exactly to fit the resitor. I am quite prepared to do this but not having that much knowledge of the Fiesta would need a detailed explanation of where to fir it. Any help is gratefully recieved. <_<
artscot79
[quote name='short_frank' date='23 February 2010 - 11:36 PM' timestamp='1266967580' post='66788']
Hi all,

I'm new here so bear with me. I have a 1995 fiesta (bought recently with the plan to do it up) that was starting and running fine until this cold weather set in and now it needs a spray of cold start to start each morning. I have googled for a solution and have seen various answers regarding the coolant temp sensor. The fix suggested was to fit a resistor (varies between 10 and 47 kohms dependant on who is giving the info) which is said to cure the fault but no explanations as to where exactly to fit the resitor. I am quite prepared to do this but not having that much knowledge of the Fiesta would need a detailed explanation of where to fir it. Any help is gratefully recieved. [img]http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img]
[/quote]

youll get lots of answers but start at the begining idle control valve and new spark plugs are the best place to start before you go down resistors etc

Full Colour Version: Mk3 Fiesta Cold Start
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.