Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Armrest
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
hurls
My 2001 focus ghia estate has a armrest on the drivers seat but it is locked in the upright position, i have pulled, pushed and still no good,i bought the car with this problem, so can anyone help.
Knight Focus
Is there not a button that releases it?

Mike
hurls
[quote name='Knight Focus' date='03 March 2010 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1267611782' post='68480']
Is there not a button that releases it?

Mike
[/quote]
Thanks for the reply,there is no button that i can see or find, i think it has some form of ratchet on it and is locked up solid.
Kellyg
[quote name='hurls' date='03 March 2010 - 10:47 AM' timestamp='1267612672' post='68482']
Thanks for the reply,there is no button that i can see or find, i think it has some form of ratchet on it and is locked up solid.
[/quote]

I have a focus ghia and i have the same problem with my armrest! I brought the car like it too. so if you find away of releasing it then please tell me and i can try mine!!
artscot79
[quote name='Kellyg' date='03 March 2010 - 11:15 AM' timestamp='1267614339' post='68486']
I have a focus ghia and i have the same problem with my armrest! I brought the car like it too. so if you find away of releasing it then please tell me and i can try mine!!
[/quote]

either theres a small handle under the front or you push upwards then downon the top of the rest and it moves if not pass look for a handle or button on the rear it should be simple enough should being the right word or look for a locking lever on the ratchet part
hurls
[quote name='artscot79' date='03 March 2010 - 01:44 PM' timestamp='1267623255' post='68505']
either theres a small handle under the front or you push upwards then downon the top of the rest and it moves if not pass look for a handle or button on the rear it should be simple enough should being the right word or look for a locking lever on the ratchet part
[/quote]
Thanks for the help but as far as i can see there is no handle or button, trying to push the handle up or down has not worked, i have just been in touch with my local ford dealer and he say that it will need to be replaced at a cost of 275.72p, i don,t think so
artscot79
[quote name='hurls' date='04 March 2010 - 10:15 AM' timestamp='1267697113' post='68688']
Thanks for the help but as far as i can see there is no handle or button, trying to push the handle up or down has not worked, i have just been in touch with my local ford dealer and he say that it will need to be replaced at a cost of 275.72p, i don,t think so
[/quote]

you can by a new one from ebay for 80quid and its a direct fit
stejan1965
[quote name='hurls' date='03 March 2010 - 09:58 AM' timestamp='1267606107' post='68463']
My 2001 focus ghia estate has a armrest on the drivers seat but it is locked in the upright position, i have pulled, pushed and still no good,i bought the car with this problem, so can anyone help.
[/quote]

Hello. I have exactly the same problem. Did you ever figure how to take the seat apart?
NITRO
Also use ASP Armrests . 50 USD only!

http://www.drive2.ru/cars/ford/focus/focus_ii/dispet4er/journal/4899916394579125872/#post

http://www.pitstop.zp.ua/prod/accessories/ASP-armrest/

or [url="http://www.nitrobox.com.ua"]NitroboX[/url]

Full Colour Version: Armrest
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.