Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mk2 Mondeo Reving
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
mondeo-man
hi i have developed a problem with my 18td mondeo, after a while of the car ticking over at just under 1000 revs when the engine revs up to over 5000+ and i need to life the clutch to bring the revs down. any ideas what the problem is
chris bowman
is the throttle cable sticking if it is wd40 may lube it
mondeo-man
[quote name='chris bowman' date='05 March 2010 - 05:02 PM' timestamp='1267807957' post='68976']
is the throttle cable sticking if it is wd40 may lube it
[/quote]
hi chris thanks for the reply, but would this cause it to rev up even when not in gear and just ticking over?
artscot79
[quote name='mondeo-man' date='06 March 2010 - 06:10 PM' timestamp='1267898422' post='69161']
hi chris thanks for the reply, but would this cause it to rev up even when not in gear and just ticking over?
[/quote]

sounds more like the throttle position sensor a little black box plugged into th eside of the throttle body had the same with a hyundai changing this solved the problem and it doesnt always throw a code

Full Colour Version: Mk2 Mondeo Reving
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615