Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Ka - Heater Fans Not Working
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
Stewart1982
Hi,
Recently the heater/cooler fans stopped working all together in my girlfriends Ford Ka, its a 97 R reg.
Basically its as if theres no power at all going to them, checked fuse and its fine.
Obviously a big problem as its really hard to demist without them!!
Any suggestions where to start would be most appreciated,
Thanks
L S Auto Repairs
Does the heater work on any off the speed settings i.e on no 4 and not 1, 2 and 3 or non at all?

are you geting power to both sides of the fuse?

I would buy a haynes manual and look at the wiring diagrams to see what is in the circuit.

make sure your getting good earths and that your getting a live feed to the switch, to the fuse, to the heater resistor and the heater blower motor.
Ford Own Rs Demons
fan speed resistor?
artscot79
[quote name='L S Auto Repairs' date='08 March 2010 - 12:35 AM' timestamp='1268007936' post='69521']
Does the heater work on any off the speed settings i.e on no 4 and not 1, 2 and 3 or non at all?

are you geting power to both sides of the fuse?

I would buy a haynes manual and look at the wiring diagrams to see what is in the circuit.

make sure your getting good earths and that your getting a live feed to the switch, to the fuse, to the heater resistor and the heater blower motor.
[/quote]

if the resistor pack has gone you wont get anything they dont always work on 4 only when they go check the fuse if you have power ide change the resistor

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.