Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yorkshire Meet
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Ford Owners Club Meets & Regional Discussion > Northeast
Pages: 1, 2
calmcdermott
Hey all, wondering if anyone would be interested in Yorkshire meet as they are always in Scotland or down South, was thinking easter weekend?
calmcdermott
Anyone interested?
Knight Focus
I would be, I'm off work on the Sunday. Where would it be?

Mike
Knight Focus
No one else up for this?

Mike
calmcdermott
Lol i dont think anyone is interested in driving up to Yorkshire, must be scared of the flat caps! :lol:
Knight Focus
[quote name='calmcdermott' date='10 March 2010 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1268255325' post='70362']
Lol i dont think anyone is interested in driving up to Yorkshire, must be scared of the flat caps! :lol:
[/quote]
It's not necessarily people driving up to Yorkshire, surely there's more than just us two within the Yorkshire area on here! :huh:

Mike
calmcdermott
I know, James Teirney is from leeds but he hasnt got his car yet
Jason Tierney
Dont forget Jason Tierney too- but he doesnt have his car yet ethier. Im picking it up monday 12th of April @ 6am( I checked when the dealer opens and have made sure Leo will be there!) (4 weeks and 3 days to go..), I will make time for you guys any day after that.

:P
calmcdermott
Lol you know I meant you, not james lmao, I think my head needs help!
Jason Tierney
:P I know I know im messing with your head. What day were you planning on doing it- i dont even know when easter is- my only concern at the moment is my car :D
calmcdermott
well was going to be on the 2nd april (after my birthday) but looks like not guuna happen!
Jason Tierney
MayDay is comming up, 3rd of may i think?

Could arrange a meet then (plus il have my car!)

Il ask around on the UKFN as well as im on there, theres a few lads from leeds/yorkshire on there.
calmcdermott
Il see if I can book it off work, I have to work bank holidays unless i book it off :angry:
Jason Tierney
I dont think many people look down here in this forum so we should put something in our signitures and link to this forum, Alot more people will look in the normal sections of the forums, as apposed to down here?

What you think?

Im thinking to save people booking days off we could just have a little meet in the evening of anynight really, its getting brighter now, we could meet up somewhere nice, and get some pub grub and relax?

Only after the 19th april :D
mark t
I didn't even know this existed! :blink:
Well after the 19th I'm free following Saturday, neither May Bank Holidays, or 22/23 May!
DanGull
Guys - come to the Midlands meets, not that far and an excuse to drive your cars!

If you actually fix a Yorkshire meet, then I'll stick it in the announcements section for you - but you need to actually fix it. Have a meeting in Chatzy or similar, and bash out the details, then pm them to me.
Jason Tierney
Midlands meet= the one in milton keens?

If so, Im going to that one.
calmcdermott
again with the midlands meet, i cant get it off work, i only get fridays and saturdays off, sundays i finish work at 5
mark t
I shall be Inn Northern Ireland! :(
Jason Tierney
Theres nuff people around for a good meet, theres cal,me,mark and i know ive clocked at least two others and told them to have a look/would they like to and they said they would- just a matter of timeing. I dont mind weather its weekday or weekend, it only has yo be for a few hours. We could just be real chavs and go to a kfc, park out side listing to our cars and choooooones and then going inside for a boneless buckey with gravy and a pepsi..hmmm..yum yum
mark t
I don't know anyone else who has one, well I do, but older women, and one I don't really want to see as I managed to drop her daughter after only one date! But I did get my first ride in a MK7, a 59 Zetec 3dr in Vision!
Slippery steve
Im up for the next 1 if you let me know. Cheers
charger
Hi I just signed up on here looking for car meets too attend i'm also from yorkshire so thats 1 more of us from this way on.
Josh_89
I'm a Yorkshire lad too and well up for it!!
Andy UK
I'm in Yorkshire but I'm on the West in Huddersfield :rolleyes:

I'd probably be happy to drive though :)
calmcdermott
[quote name='Andy UK' date='25 May 2010 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1274803271' post='83142']
I'm in Yorkshire but I'm on the West in Huddersfield :rolleyes:

I'd probably be happy to drive though :)
[/quote]

Well im only in Bradford so your not too far away.....

We need to think of a decent time and place for this, any ideas anyone?
Andy UK
[quote name='calmcdermott' date='26 May 2010 - 12:31 AM' timestamp='1274829708' post='83181']
Well im only in Bradford so your not too far away.....

We need to think of a decent time and place for this, any ideas anyone?
[/quote]

I can't think of anywhere but there must be thousands of nice places in Yorkshire :)
calmcdermott
Yea there have got to be loads of places but it will have to be somewhere interesting......
Andy UK
Haha yeah there will, how about a nice lil pub set out in the sticks or something?
Jason Tierney
cow and calf anyone? Its up in the hills great views, great drive up and down nice day out
Andy UK
[quote name='Jason Tierney' date='10 June 2010 - 01:58 PM' timestamp='1276174087' post='84790']
cow and calf anyone? Its up in the hills great views, great drive up and down nice day out
[/quote]

A whereabouts of this place might help a lil bit buddy ;)
Jason Tierney
Grr I posted yeserday after that post, as I guessed it would be a bit vage, here goes again.

Cow and Calf Vintage Inn,
Innkeeper's Lodge Ilkley,
Hangingstone Road,
Ilkley,
Yorkshire,
LS29 8BT
Tel: 0845 11 26 037
[img]http://s0.geograph.org.uk/photos/01/80/018014_2f09a1cf.jpg[/img]

If anyone wants to meet up in Leeds before hand Im happy to. Il be bringing about 3 other cars also.

Im on holiday in ireland from 17th to 27th jjuly, so maybe before then? Im free weekends and evenings really but be better to make a day of it up there.

If anyones into there walking/sightseeing

You can find views like this 5mins up the hill

[img]http://s0.geograph.org.uk/photos/01/80/018009_23202bff.jpg[/img]

Jay
Adam1982
I'm from Yorshire and would be up for a meet as am new on here
calmcdermott
So is it a plan then guys! Since im the Yorkshire rep and started this post i could always book or w/e i aint fussed lol but i was thinking sat 31st of july so plenty of time for people?
Jason Tierney
Thats when FOC goes to alton towers?

I think im going to that to be honest =/

Could make it the Sunday?
Andy UK
Could just make it the Saturday after: 7th August?
calmcdermott
[quote name='Jason Tierney' date='22 June 2010 - 01:11 PM' timestamp='1277208069' post='85846']
Thats when FOC goes to alton towers?

I think im going to that to be honest =/

Could make it the Sunday?
[/quote]

Whoopsy daisy i forgot about that and cant do sundays i work

[quote name='Andy UK' date='24 June 2010 - 09:59 PM' timestamp='1277412560' post='86079']
Could just make it the Saturday after: 7th August?
[/quote]
yea sounds good to me sorry its taken me ages to reply the computers at work r crap!
mark t
Sorry, fell off the map for a while back there (you may have noticed)
I'm away from 31-8, could we skip one to 14th, so like to actually take part in one?
Jason Tierney
Im easy going il do anyod them :)

Ive been there twice in last 2 weeks actully. IT was a really nice drive up but theve ripped up part of the road now(hopefully that will be sorted before then so there will be some nice driving) and cant go more than twenty( loose chippings grr) and then they have put SPEEDBUMPS in! On a country Road! Not best pleased. Theres about 3mins of good(If a bit scary, off camber lumps and bumps etc) driving up there now but the food and location are still ace. I know theres a parked spot just down from the Cow and Calf that will be good for senic pictures n what not. Theres parking on location.

Cal, Do you want me to sort it- i reckon I could organise us a discount as they will know me ive been there quite a few times, il get us a big table overlooking the moors(and our cars :) )

Can everyone do the 14th?

ITs not expensive to start with but I reckon il get it sorted :)

Let me know exactly whos going and il start a list

Jay
mark t
if it's the 14th, count me in.
calmcdermott
Im assuming thats the 14th August lol but yea sounds good 2 me J, if you reckon you could swindle a discount by all means matey!
Jason Tierney
OK Guys, Whos comming on the 14th August? Shall we meet somewhere in leeds @ approx 1 o'c ? Or would it be easier to meet there?

Im easy going. Gavin(Silver Mk6 Zetec S) danny and robert are my mates, Im almost positive they will be there. Will ask another friend with a 1.8 zetec s focus if he wants to come along. Danny has a corsa... and Rob,well, Robs got a Clio but ah well :)

[u][b]THE LIST[/b][/u]

Jason(Me) +1
Gavin +1
Danny
Robert +1

Callum
Mark T
Andy UK +?
Anyone else?

Thanks

Jay
mark t
At present I'm just 1, but on past experiences, the only one I could attend was at the services, and I wanted her to come, gave her the choice, she didn't, so now kicking myself as I couldn't do the next 2, so at present, I have no one!!
Jason Tierney
No Problem :)

Come on guys.

Ive got a pretty good idea as well.

Im getting a in car/car mounted camera so I will video the drive to the meet etc :)
bizzle
Here's a future possibility blakey ridge its up on the moors its more a canny bit more north if u lads are from near leeds but its spot on and the drive there's immense just got my fiesta s1600 last week sooooo oo hopefully be one for future. Don't mean. to crash the party or out like haha :P
Andy UK
I'll come on 14th! :)
Jason Tierney
Great :)

See you there. Or are we meeting in leeds first?

Please advise.Il ad it to my list

Jay
calmcdermott
Hey up fellas sorry I haven't replies in ages I've bin swamped every night and all through day at work so had no time to answer lol this sounds good to me looking forward to it I don't think il have anyone with me as Josh don't particually wanna go but oh well his loss, we could meet up say at roundhay park? I think everyone will know where that is......
Jason Tierney
Im easy going il meet anywhere. R'Hay Sounds good to me.

Jay
mark t
I don't know Roundhay, but I'll find it!

Full Colour Version: Yorkshire Meet
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.