Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leaking Power Steering Pump.
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
marv_666
[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="3"][b][u]Y-reg 2.0 TDCi[/u][/b]
Just had a look at my mates Mondeo as he's losing power steering fluid.
It 'appears' that it's leaking from the pump, from the join between the two halves of the casing, on the underside of the pump.
Is there a common fault with either the gasket failing, or the casing cracking there?
Hope someone can narrow down the cause before i get up to my elbows in PAS fluid! (nice!?)
Many thanks.
Marv.[/size][/font]
artscot79
[quote name='marv_666' date='12 March 2010 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1268433629' post='71038']
[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="3"][b][u]Y-reg 2.0 TDCi[/u][/b]
Just had a look at my mates Mondeo as he's losing power steering fluid.
It 'appears' that it's leaking from the pump, from the join between the two halves of the casing, on the underside of the pump.
Is there a common fault with either the gasket failing, or the casing cracking there?
Hope someone can narrow down the cause before i get up to my elbows in PAS fluid! (nice!?)
Many thanks.
Marv.[/size][/font]
[/quote]

there was a problem with the bolt connecting the power steering fluid to the pump whaere it leaks and needs replaced with a modified one from ford but i havent heard of the pump leaking between the casing before
chris bowman
cant see how that could happen and be repairable from the manual. looks like new pump!
artscot79
[quote name='chris bowman' date='13 March 2010 - 11:16 PM' timestamp='1268521566' post='71177']
cant see how that could happen and be repairable from the manual. looks like new pump!
[/quote]

the banjo bolt that connects the pipe to the pump would cause thee oil to run down that way but i cant see how the pump is one piece and doesnt split in 2 unless it has somehow got a hole in it somewhere
chris bowman
if it is a split unit it would been buying a repair kit. dont know of where ud get one

Full Colour Version: Leaking Power Steering Pump.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.