Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Probleeemmm Pleasse Help
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
gsolindley
hi guys,

i have recently done an oil change on my 1.3 zetec and i emptied the sump and then refilled with new oil to the correct amount and when i turned the engine on it started revving on idle??? anyone know y this would be happening ?

many thanks
artscot79
[quote name='gsolindley' date='14 March 2010 - 01:54 PM' timestamp='1268574276' post='71221']
hi guys,

i have recently done an oil change on my 1.3 zetec and i emptied the sump and then refilled with new oil to the correct amount and when i turned the engine on it started revving on idle??? anyone know y this would be happening ?

many thanks
[/quote]

idle control valve or the throttle position sensor sounds like its just coincidence you had done the oil change
gsolindley
[quote name='artscot79' date='14 March 2010 - 03:47 PM' timestamp='1268581023' post='71254']
idle control valve or the throttle position sensor sounds like its just coincidence you had done the oil change
[/quote]

Thanks very much,

hate to be a pain but u dont know how to solve this problem do u ? or know of a link to a manual which i can follow to fix it ?
thanks.
gsolindley
[quote name='gsolindley' date='14 March 2010 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1268585185' post='71275']
Thanks very much,

hate to be a pain but u dont know how to solve this problem do u ? or know of a link to a manual which i can follow to fix it ?
thanks.
[/quote]

p.s i have searched the internet and i cant seem to find anything which is y i am asking for your help!!
im not just being lazy....
cheers
Jcoventry
get a haynes manual for your car you wont regret it it will include sections on the ICV/throttle body.

Full Colour Version: Probleeemmm Pleasse Help
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.