Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pulling left under braking
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
DAVEKELLEY
mondeo glx 1.8 dec2000

My mondeo was pulling strongly to the left under braking at speed.
3 new tyres helped but still pulls left, switching off traction control makes it feel worse.
suspension or brake problem?

when i got the tyres the man said the brake pads and disks were very thin and would need doing soon (that was about 1000 miles ago.

any help please?
jock0909
[quote name='DAVEKELLEY' post='2388' date='Jul 26 2008, 12:35 PM']mondeo glx 1.8 dec2000

My mondeo was pulling strongly to the left under braking at speed.
3 new tyres helped but still pulls left, switching off traction control makes it feel worse.
suspension or brake problem?

when i got the tyres the man said the brake pads and disks were very thin and would need doing soon (that was about 1000 miles ago.

any help please?[/quote]

I would say brake problem.
The caliper on the o/s/f is possibly sticking - therefore all the braking is happening on the n/s/f
but
If you have already been told the discs & pads need replaced, why not get them changed as this is most likely to cure your problems.
DAVEKELLEY
[quote name='jock0909' post='2417' date='Jul 28 2008, 01:05 PM']I would say brake problem.
The caliper on the o/s/f is possibly sticking - therefore all the braking is happening on the n/s/f
but
If you have already been told the discs & pads need replaced, why not get them changed as this is most likely to cure your problems.[/quote]
cossiedave
very common fault on fords if they are not serviced properly when the pads are renewed ie: copper slip the sliding pins then they do seize or bind causing pulling brakes

Full Colour Version: pulling left under braking
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615