Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sluggish TDCi 1.8
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Ian P
Just had dual mass flywheel replaced fro second time in 93000 miles. Vehicle now sluggish, appears to not have turbo coming in at 1800 - 2000 rpm, but later ata about 3000 and without the normal rush of acceleration. Anybody experiemced anything similar ?
it once had aloose indution pie which felt the same, but all appears ok with that this time.
jock0909
[quote name='Ian P' post='2391' date='Jul 26 2008, 09:42 PM']Just had dual mass flywheel replaced fro second time in 93000 miles. Vehicle now sluggish, appears to not have turbo coming in at 1800 - 2000 rpm, but later ata about 3000 and without the normal rush of acceleration. Anybody experiemced anything similar ?
it once had aloose indution pie which felt the same, but all appears ok with that this time.[/quote]

I have had the same thing with mine and it turned out that the pipes were loose, since the garage fixed them I have not had any problems with it.
I don't know of any other things that it could be.
croc86
[quote name='jock0909' date='28 July 2008 - 08:32 AM' timestamp='1217233354' post='2411']
I have had the same thing with mine and it turned out that the pipes were loose, since the garage fixed them I have not had any problems with it.
I don't know of any other things that it could be.
[/quote]

I too had the same problem. The garage found that there was a nipped vacuum hose as a result of the tight fitting and lack of space between gear box and turbo when replacing clutch and flywheel. Once the vacuum hose was unblocked, everyhting was back to normal.
wilberforce
Interesting thread.

I have a 53 plate TDCi with almost 90K on the clock. Owned from new, serviced at the right times, had the timing belt done as it was being serviced and thought I may as well.

However, recently, there is a clatter when I press the clutch in. Could this be the release bearing on it's last legs or maybe something more serious? Clucth still works, no slippage.

I'd also be interested how much the dmf cost Ian P to get replaced as if I'm getting the clutch sorted, I may as well go the whole hog and get the dmf sorted as well.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Cheers

Full Colour Version: Sluggish TDCi 1.8
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.